Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sudoers - Revoke default policy Post 302939432 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 25th of March 2015 12:51:54 PM
Old 03-25-2015
If you have the fast-glob option enabled, it is not possible to reliably negate commands where the pathname includes wildcards - as in your example.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Revoke Kernel Access..

Hi, I need to know how to revoke the access/permission of Kernel for a group. In details, one of the group 'X' is having kernel access/permission and this group can control the Kernel at anytime. How can we revoke this permission/access ? Thanks, Rohit.. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronix007
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers on HP 11.11

Having a "running low on coffee" moment here & need help. On HP 11.11 where is the sudoers file located; I looked every place I could think of and don't see it. Thanks in advance:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers

i just installed/configured apache2.0 on my own aix5.3 mini server. i can start/stop apache by root, but i want to start it under my login id(admin) instead. i need to execute this command: /usr/bin/sudo /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/bin/apachectl stop/start. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
5 Replies

4. Solaris

sudoers

this is for the first time i am going to use sudoers i want know how to create sudoers and giving privileges for that users thanks in advance dinu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Sudoers

Having a bit of a discussion with a software vendor about this. Can anyone confirm my understanding? /etc/sudoers file example:- user1 server1 = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/ls -l user1 server1 = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/file But then the following command fails (logged in on server 1 as user1) because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

User banned, requesting to revoke the ban.

My username is abhilashnair. I was banned recently for deleting my post. I wish to apologise for disregarding forum rules. I request you to revoke my ban and give me one more chance if possible, i assure you that I will abide by all rules henceforth Since this is really informative forum and rich... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies
File::DosGlob(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      File::DosGlob(3perl)

NAME
File::DosGlob - DOS like globbing and then some SYNOPSIS
require 5.004; # override CORE::glob in current package use File::DosGlob 'glob'; # override CORE::glob in ALL packages (use with extreme caution!) use File::DosGlob 'GLOBAL_glob'; @perlfiles = glob "..\pe?l/*.p?"; print <..\pe?l/*.p?>; # from the command line (overrides only in main::) > perl -MFile::DosGlob=glob -e "print <../pe*/*p?>" DESCRIPTION
A module that implements DOS-like globbing with a few enhancements. It is largely compatible with perlglob.exe (the M$ setargv.obj version) in all but one respect--it understands wildcards in directory components. For example, "<..\l*b\file/*glob.p?"> will work as expected (in that it will find something like '..libFile/DosGlob.pm' alright). Note that all path components are case-insensitive, and that backslashes and forward slashes are both accepted, and preserved. You may have to double the backslashes if you are putting them in literally, due to double-quotish parsing of the pattern by perl. Spaces in the argument delimit distinct patterns, so "glob('*.exe *.dll')" globs all filenames that end in ".exe" or ".dll". If you want to put in literal spaces in the glob pattern, you can escape them with either double quotes, or backslashes. e.g. "glob('c:/"Program Files"/*/*.dll')", or "glob('c:/Program Files/*/*.dll')". The argument is tokenized using "Text::ParseWords::parse_line()", so see Text::ParseWords for details of the quoting rules used. Extending it to csh patterns is left as an exercise to the reader. EXPORTS (by request only) glob() BUGS
Should probably be built into the core, and needs to stop pandering to DOS habits. Needs a dose of optimizium too. AUTHOR
Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@activestate.com> HISTORY
o Support for globally overriding glob() (GSAR 3-JUN-98) o Scalar context, independent iterator context fixes (GSAR 15-SEP-97) o A few dir-vs-file optimizations result in glob importation being 10 times faster than using perlglob.exe, and using perlglob.bat is only twice as slow as perlglob.exe (GSAR 28-MAY-97) o Several cleanups prompted by lack of compatible perlglob.exe under Borland (GSAR 27-MAY-97) o Initial version (GSAR 20-FEB-97) SEE ALSO
perl perlglob.bat Text::ParseWords perl v5.14.2 2011-09-19 File::DosGlob(3perl)