Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab question Post 302939411 by sea on Wednesday 25th of March 2015 10:03:11 AM
Old 03-25-2015
Dont use relativ paths within crontab, use absolute paths instead. (as in your initial post)

hth

EDIT:
Or add the PATH env to crontab, put the script in such a path and just execute the script. (so the theory)
Either way, you have to make sure the script has execution flag set.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab question

Why does this cron entry do nothing? It works interactively. 58 23 * * * mydate=`date '+%Y%m%d'`;mv /opt/home/user/file /opt/home/user/file_$mydate (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steelrose
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Crontab question

HI all, I would want to schedule a job to run every 2 weeks. In the mean time, i'm only able to schedule on every week. Is it possible to schedule 2 weeks on crontab? Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Question.

I set up a job to run a script in a certain directory to remove certain files. The script seems to run as my logs indicate but nothing happens. If I run the script manually then it removes the correct files. I'm now wondering if crontab doesnt have access to remove files from the directory I'm... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
9 Replies

4. AIX

How-to crontab question

My question is how to specify the one-time execution of a shell script in crontab? For example: If I wanted to schedule shell "Test.sh" for one-time execution on December 13 at 8:00AM would it be as follows? 00 08 13 12 6 /usr/datatools/dtbackups/Test.sh > /usr/u/sybase_12.5/logs/Test.log &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alan.AIX
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about crontab

Hello guys, I have a server with Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 5), there i have a lot of users, im the root. I need to lock the use of crontab to the users, i mean, i dont want to give to the users the option to creat any crontab line, how can i do that? I tried to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lestat_ecuador
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Crontab question

Please cna you tell me if the following command entered in error would affect the crontab file crontab -e | more Thanks :) (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: blondie2407
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab question

I have a user (xxx) who is allowed to run cron jobs when a job is launched from cron is the .profile sourced in? I am not sure it is so I setup a cron job as this user to do the following: 35 15 * * 0-5 su - xxx -c "ksh ls -lt /tmp" > /tmp.out and I am seeing the following error (see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Crontab question

I want to run a script on (say) the 4th friday every month. But if I include this line in the crontab : 45 9 22-28 * 5 echo '4th Friday'|mailx -s "Fri week 4" mike it sends me mail if the date is 22-28, OR the day is friday. So I get mail every day for a week , and also every friday. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejordan
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another crontab question

Hey out there This is all I have in my crontab file. I know the crontab works because it was already out there and working. I simply replaced the existing with my line of code below to see if it worked. I uploaded 6 month old pdf files in this directory, stopped/started all the scripts that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on crontab

Hello, I have scheduled the execution of a file (delete_oldv02) every hour with crontab and it works perfectly. See below the instruction written. 0 */1 * * * /home/delete_oldv02 >>/home/delete_oldv02.log My first question is if I can add one more line to crontab. I also would like to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcaccount
5 Replies
ATSADC(1)							       local								 ATSADC(1)

NAME
atsadc, atsa1, atsaftp, atsahttp -- counter-collection SYNOPSIS
atsadc [ t n ] [ ofile ] atsa1 [ t n ] atsaftp atsahttp DESCRIPTION
System activity-data can be gathered on special request of a user [see atsar(1) ] or automatically, on a routine basis, as described here. Usually the kernel maintains statistical counters that are incremented as various system actions occur. These include counters for CPU uti- lization, disk utilization, memory utilization and various network statistics. The program atsadc and the shell-script atsa1 are used to collect, save, and process these counters. The program atsadc (the data collector) samples system data n times with an interval of t seconds between samples, and writes in binary format to ofile or (default) to standard output. The sampling interval t should be greater than 1 second. If t and n are omitted, a special reset-record is written. This facility is used when booting to a multi-user state, to mark the time at which the counters restart from zero. For example, the reset-mark can be added to the daily data by the command: /usr/local/bin/atsadc /var/log/atsar/atsa`date +%d` Note that this entry is written to the /etc/rc.d/init.d/atsar file. The shell-script atsa1 is used to collect and store data in the binary file /var/log/atsar/atsadd where dd is the current day of the month. The arguments t and n cause records to be written n times at an interval of t seconds, or once if omitted. Furthermore this script takes care that log-files older than a week are removed once a day. A file containing following entries should be added to the /etc/cron.d directory to produce records every 20 minutes during working hours and hourly otherwise: 0 * * * 0-6 root /usr/local/bin/atsa1 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 root /usr/local/bin/atsa1 See crontab(1) for details. The shell-script atsaftp counts the new transfers registered in the FTP-logfile(s) since the previous time this script was activated; the new counters are stored in the /var/log/atsar/ftpstat file in ASCII-format. The names of the FTP-logfiles to be watched are specified in the /etc/atsar.conf configuration-file. The shell-script atsahttp counts the new transfers registered in the HTTP-logfile(s) since the previous time this script was activated; the new counters are stored in the /var/log/atsar/httpstat file in ASCII-format. The names of the HTTP-logfiles to be watched are specified in the /etc/atsar.conf configuration-file. Both scripts must be activated just before the program atsadc is started, which also collects these counters. FILES
/var/log/atsar/atsadd Daily data file, where dd are digits representing the day of the month. SEE ALSO
atsar(1), crontab(1) AUTHOR
Gerlof Langeveld, AT Computing (gerlof@ATComputing.nl) AT Computing July 2004 ATSADC(1)