Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Soft link
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Soft link Post 302939377 by ramkumar15 on Wednesday 25th of March 2015 03:35:18 AM
Old 03-25-2015
Soft link

can u help me out how change the hooked file below.
Code:

VEUEMASTER.txt -> /sbvnj/kfls//VSUE_OBR_MAER.txt.201503230800

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Differences between hard link and soft link

Hi all! I'd like to know the differences between hard links and soft links. I've already read the ln manpage, but i'm not quite sure of what i understood. Does a hard link sort of copy the file to a new name, give it the same inode number and same rights? What exactly should I do to do this:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between hard link and soft link in unix

Hi All, Can any one please explain me what is the difference between hard link and soft link in UNIX. Thanks in advance Raja Chokalingam. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAJACHOKALINGAM
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hard/soft link question

I am curious about one thing. Lets say I have a file file-a to which new generations are created on demand by simply archiving it (ex: file-a.tar.gz) and having the new one created with the same original filename file-a. Now what I want to know is if I create a hard/soft link to file-a, what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Link vs SOft Link????

Hi PLease let me know the usage of Hard Link vs Soft Link i.e what is the basic difference and what happens when one file is changed or deleted in both the cases??? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between hard link and soft link

Hi Experts, Please help me out to find out difference between a hard link and a soft link. I am new in unix plz help me with some example commands ( for creating such links). Regards S.Kamakshi :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamakshi s
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Soft Link Ownership After Reboot

Hi, I have created soft links for some devices /dev/xvd*1. The owner of the soft links is oracle:dba. The problem is after reboot the ownership is changed to root:root. How can I permanently change the ownership to oracle:dba? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gbyte
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

soft link issue

Hi , When installing oracle software a set of directories are created under the home directories. Since the home directory is usually not big , i would like to create a soft link from the home directory to mount point with alot of free space , that way the logs will not be wriiten under the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove soft link

hi i have create a soft link using below command. ln -s <filename> <dirmane>where file name i use is t1 and dir name was t2. i deleted the dir t2 using command rm -rf to remove the soft link . however again i create a file a using the name t2 and when i just try to link t1 to t2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Soft link issue

I did restore from netbackup for root file system on separate slice instead of corrupted one. After restoration I found there are number of soft link issues lie e.g libabcxyx > /mnt/usr/lib it should be libabcxyz > /usr/lib does any have solution to change symbolic link changed in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nimish_mehta
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A query on soft-link

Hi All, I tried creating a soft link with the file itself. It got created successfully. bash-3.2$ ls -l a lrwxrwxrwx 1 ebrigup other 1 Oct 5 19:14 a -> a bash-3.2$ Can anyone explain what is the possible use of it. I dont see any except practically wasting an inode... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
2 Replies
PESCETTI(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PESCETTI(1)

NAME
pescetti -- Pseudo-Duplimate Generator SYNOPSIS
pescetti DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pescetti command. OPTIONS
Here are a list of the available options and what they do. You must specify exactly one from --demo, --generate or --load. --help Prints the help text --demo Demonstration mode. Generates one hand with permutations and the tutorial for how to use them. --generate=N Generate N random boards --load=boards.txt Load boards+analysis from boards.txt --load-dds=boards.dds Load boards from boards.dds in dds format --load-analysis=tricks.txt Load analysis from tricks.txt --permutations=permutations.txt Generate the permutations and save them to the given file --curtains=curtains.txt Save curtain cards to file curtains.txt --save=boards.txt Save the boards+analysis to boards.txt --save-dds=boards.dds Save the boards to boards.dds in dds format --save-analysis=tricks.txt Save the analysis to tricks.txt --format=html|txt|pdf Set the output mode to the given format --title=title Set the title for the output --output=hands.txt Print the hands to hands.txt, rather than to standard output --stats Generate statistics about the set of boards; included in the hands output --analyze Run the dds analyzer on the boards and print the resulting numberof tricks (warning SLOW) --criteria= A list of criteria to apply to each generated hand to generate specific hand types. The list should be space separated and each item may be suffixed with a colon and a (fractional) probability value which can be used to weight the criteria. E.g. --criteria="weaknt:0.8 strongnt:0.5" Valid criteria are: unbalanced weaknt strongnt twont strongtwo weaktwo three twoclubs 4441 singlesuit twosuits partscore game slam game-invite slam-invite jumpshift jumpfit splinter bacon weird --probability=factor Generate hands matching the criteria with only the given probability. Factor is in the range 0 to 1. On each attempt to generate a board it is rejected if it doesn't match the criteria with the given probability. A factor of about 0.8 gives roughly half matching boards AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Johnson <debian@matthew.ath.cx>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. PESCETTI(1)