Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Count total duplicates
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count total duplicates Post 302939359 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 25th of March 2015 01:07:55 AM
Old 03-25-2015
I would suggest the slightly simpler:
Code:
awk 'l[$0]++{d++}END{print d, "(lines are duplicates)"}' file.txt

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

total count of inodes in a mount

is there Any command to get total count and number of free inodes on a mount. please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bogus Total count

I have a shell script that I am pulling different zip file packages and totaling how many of each type of package is in the directory. I get a bogus total count of one in the middle of my output file (highlighted in RED) and not sure why, also would like to get a grand total of all files but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie999
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total Count using AWK

Hi Everybody, I have the following example file... 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

total count of a word in the files

Hi Friends, Need help regarding counting the word "friend" in files test1.txt and test2.txt. ( there is no gap/space between word ) cat test1.txt himynameisrajandiamfriendofrajeshfriend wouldyouliketobemyfriend. cat test2.txt himynameisdostandiamfriendofdostfriend... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forroughuse
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Data Count by Removing Duplicates

Hi Experts, I have many CSV data files in the below format (Example) :- Doc Number,Line Number,Condition Number 111,10,ABC 111,10,PQR 111,10,XYZ 222,20,DEF 222,20,EFG 222,20,HIJ 333,30,CCC 333,30,TCP Now, for the above data i want to get the row count based on the Doc Number & Line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naikamit
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep and Count Duplicates

I have a delimited file (by |), and the second field is made out of Surnames. Is it possible to list the surnames together with their count of occurances. For example, image the first two lines are the following: Joe | Doe | 30 Jane | Doe | 28 Peter | Smith | 25 John | Jones | 26 I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mouthpiec
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total count of a word.

i want to find the no:of occurrences of a word in a file cat 1.txt unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix unix script unix script unix script now i want to find , how many times 'unix' was occurred please help me thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In ls -l remove total count

Hi All, When i give ls -ltr i get 'total 10' like this along with files long listing. is there any option in ls command to remove this line or do we need use head -1 command only. $ls -ltr total 45 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc g1 0 Jul 17 07:20 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc g1 744 May 9 12:10 a -rw-r--r--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HemaV
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count and keep duplicates in Column

Hi folks, I've got a csv file called test.csv Column A Column B Apples 1900 Apples 1901 Pears 1902 Pears 1903I want to count and keep duplicates in the first column. Desired output Column A Column B Column C Apples 2 1900 Apples ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshields1984
5 Replies
Perl::Critic::Statistics(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Perl::Critic::Statistics(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Statistics - Compile stats on Perl::Critic violations. DESCRIPTION
This class accumulates statistics on Perl::Critic violations across one or more files. NOTE: This class is experimental and subject to change. INTERFACE SUPPORT
This is considered to be a non-public class. Its interface is subject to change without notice. METHODS
"new()" Create a new instance of Perl::Critic::Statistics. No arguments are supported at this time. " accumulate( $doc, @violations ) " Accumulates statistics about the $doc and the @violations that were found. "modules()" The number of chunks of code (usually files) that have been analyzed. "subs()" The total number of subroutines analyzed by this Critic. "statements()" The total number of statements analyzed by this Critic. "lines()" The total number of lines of code analyzed by this Critic. "lines_of_blank()" The total number of blank lines analyzed by this Critic. This includes only blank lines in code, not POD or data. "lines_of_comment()" The total number of comment lines analyzed by this Critic. This includes only lines whose first non-whitespace character is "#". "lines_of_data()" The total number of lines of data section analyzed by this Critic, not counting the "__END__" or "__DATA__" line. POD in a data section is counted as POD, not data. "lines_of_perl()" The total number of lines of Perl code analyzed by this Critic. Perl appearing in the data section is not counted. "lines_of_pod()" The total number of lines of POD analyzed by this Critic. Pod occurring in a data section is counted as POD, not as data. "violations_by_severity()" The number of violations of each severity found by this Critic as a reference to a hash keyed by severity. "violations_by_policy()" The number of violations of each policy found by this Critic as a reference to a hash keyed by full policy name. "total_violations()" The the total number of violations found by this Critic. "statements_other_than_subs()" The total number of statements minus the number of subroutines. Useful because a subroutine is considered a statement by PPI. "average_sub_mccabe()" The average McCabe score of all scanned subroutines. "violations_per_file()" The total violations divided by the number of modules. "violations_per_statement()" The total violations divided by the number statements minus subroutines. "violations_per_line_of_code()" The total violations divided by the lines of code. AUTHOR
Elliot Shank "<perl@galumph.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Elliot Shank. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Statistics(3)