Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris OS having issue accessing LUN from Qlogic swich Post 302939336 by bentech4u on Tuesday 24th of March 2015 06:23:34 PM
Old 03-24-2015
HI

don't know much details.

how to check that..?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Structure element accessing issue...

Hi all, Can someone advice, why I'm getting a segmentation fault on a Linux system for a program which looks like the below one--: typedef struct idev{ int p, char q; } Idev; typedef struct abc{ int i; Idev *idev_ptr; } ABC; int main(){ ABC a_var; char str; int... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 or 10 LUN Limitations

Is there a limit to the number of LUNS that can be concatenated using Solaris Volume manager with Soft partitions? I have worked with some AIX admins in the past and there was such a limitation therefore limiting the size the filesystem could grow to. Is there such a limitation in Solaris 9... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swich statement based on a grep?

I'm piping the results of a tcpdump into a shell script and want certain commands executed (specifically the firing of an SNMP alert) based on a grep for certain contents in the output of tcpdump. For example, I have #!/bin/bash while read str; do grep 'ttl 64' -q && sudo snmptrap -v 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulobrad
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 - QLogic 4060C iSCSI adapter - multipathed (MPxIO)

System: Sun M3000 and M4000 OS: Solaris 10 (fully up to date with latest patches) iSCSI HBA: 2x QLE4060C (QLogic) In each system are 2 QLE4060C iSCSI adapters. I manage to set up both HBA's to connect to the LUNs on the SAN However I don't manage to enable multi-pathing. Made the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb008
4 Replies

5. Solaris

new attached lun in solaris 10

hi, what are the steps to detect and configure a new attached lun in Solaris 10. Is there any difference between cfgadm and luxadm command ? rgds, snjksh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
5 Replies

6. Linux

EMC, PowerPath and issue on using LUN

Hello guys, I'm going crazy over here with a problem with a LUN created on a EMC CX3. I did sucessfully managed to create the LUN on the Storage (the LUN is named DBLNX25EC_TST), after doing the following process: echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host<n>/issue_lip and echo "- - -" >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
10 Replies

7. Red Hat

lun masking at qlogic HBA level

need to do LUN masking at qlogic HBA level..at RHEL 5.x I am using qla* module at part of the Unix kernel, it is not OEM drivers that come with the HBA card, so I can't use Sansurfer to do this.. Is there a way to do this at all ?? :wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with Solaris LUN and New FS

Hi All, I'm using Solaris server, SunOS 5.10 Generic_144488-08 sun4u sparc SUNW, SPARC-Enterprise. There is a newly created LUN of 250GB (EMC). I've scanned the system and able to see the new LUN. For example: 103. emcpower19a <DGC-VRAID-0430 cyl 48638 alt 2 hd 256 sec 16>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with accessing value inside while loop, outside it

Hi, GetName() { if then echo " Please enter the name: " read Name tempvar=0 while read line do if then tempvar=`expr $tempvar + 1` echo $tempvar ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
10 Replies

10. Solaris

How to get LUN WWN in Solaris?

How to get LUN WWN (i.e LUN mapped from a storage box say Symmetrix or clariion) in Solaris. fcinfo command does give the Target port wwn but what i'm looking for is the LUN WWN. Any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)