Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Got Error Using Oracle Instant Client with UNIXODBC Post 302939259 by clx on Tuesday 24th of March 2015 07:16:06 AM
Old 03-24-2015
Your env shows you have LIBPATH as the library path. Could you try adding oracle instant directory to this path?

Code:
LIBPATH=$LIBPATH:/usr/local/instantclient_12_1 
export LIBPATH

EDIT : Welcome to the forums Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

all instant client on debian hppa

Hello, I want to install PHP/PECL OCI8 on an HP J2240 (with Debian hppa 4.0r1 lenny (PA-RISC)) and to do this I must install an Oracle client. I don't find anything about this, help me, please? Thanks you for reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nonyus
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_hashref failed: [unixODBC][Oracle][ODBC]Numeric value out of r

Here is part of my program code: #Collect the output of test database and count the no #of rows too while(my @array = $tstDbStatementHandle->fetchrow_array) { push @tstDbOutputArray,; $tstDbOutputRows++; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerstephen
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

install centos with php and oracle client

Hi i'm trying to install centos ver 5 with apache server 1.3 and need to install oracle client to connect from the php to oracle data base. the problem is that evry package that i install needs some dependencis and i coudent figure yet the right combination. can any one help me to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lione.heart
3 Replies

4. AIX

Oracle client install on AIX 5.3

I have been tasked with creating a scripted install of the Oracle client (9.2.0.1.0). However from what I have discovered this is an X / Java install application and cannot be run without the DISPLAY being set and exported. Does anyone know of a way of installing the client from a character based... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

5. Programming

How to make communication with Oracle dbms_pipe with .net client?

So, I have a 'task' to create communication channel between Oracle db (11gR2 on AIX) and some client wich is choosed to be a .net client (.net framework 3.5). we created a pipe on client (.net) side using: System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeClientStream pipeClient = new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle client install for AIX - WinSCP fails

I am trying to install the oracle client for AIX. I downloaded the client to my Windows machine from Oracle Database 10g Release 2 for AIX5L "Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)". 1. Is this right? (I need 9 or 10 client) It was .gz file that I am now trying to move from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Instant client

Hi, Could you please tell me how to check instant client is installed in Linux server? OS -- Linux 5.11 Oracle -- 10.2.0.5.0 Regards, Maddy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of Jifty::DBI::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. database_version Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBD::Oracle. insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. build_dsn PARAMHASH Takes a bunch of parameters: Required: Driver, Database or Host/SID, Optional: Port and RequireSSL Builds a dsn suitable for an Oracle DBI connection blob_params column_NAME column_type Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). apply_limits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; distinct_query STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
Jifty::DBI, Jifty::DBI::Handle, DBD::Oracle perl v5.14.2 2011-04-26 Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)