Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Not able to install telnet on Solaris 11 Post 302939058 by gjackson123 on Sunday 22nd of March 2015 01:14:48 AM
Old 03-22-2015
Could not download telnet daemon/service from suggested commands

Hi jim mcnamara,

below are the output when trying to the following suggested commands:

Code:
hostname:~/download# wget https://pkg.oracle.com/solarisstudio/release/
--2015-03-22 03:43:55--  https://pkg.oracle.com/solarisstudio/release/
Resolving pkg.oracle.com (pkg.oracle.com)... 137.254.56.21
Connecting to pkg.oracle.com (pkg.oracle.com)|137.254.56.21|:443... connected.
OpenSSL: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure
Unable to establish SSL connection.

Likewise, I got the following error when trying to connect to https://pkg.oracle.com/solarisstudio/release/ using Mozilla Firefox:
Code:
    Secure Connection Failed
    An error occurred during a connection to pkg.oracle.com
    Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).
    (Error code:ssl_error_cypher_overlap)

hostname:/usr/bin# ls -lt /usr/bin/telnet
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     bin       151764 Jun 25  2014 /usr/bin/telnet

However, are we looking for telnetd (daemon or service on server) as opposed to telnet which is to connect to another host?

Many thanks,

George

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet into Solaris 8

How can I set my Solaris 8 machine to allow a telnet session from an IP address that is outside the network that the machine sits on? I can ping the address of the Soalris 8 box from the outside, but I cannot telnet into it, it doesn't allow the connection. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ask Me
1 Replies

2. Solaris

HP-UX telnet to Solaris

Hi, i have a strange problem. i have a HP-UX which is used to telnet to two solaris machine via port 11000. On the solaris machines, there's an application that sends a series of ascii character separated by LF over to the the HP-UX. The problem is that when the HP-UX connects to solaris A,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xenomage
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Install telnet in Fedora 8 ?

Hi,I need to make a test on Fedora 8, with a Telnet... and seems NOT to beenabled.The package is installed, but if I have a look into /etc/xinedtd thereis no TELNET file ?Is there any changes into FEDORA 8 ?Plz help .. ...Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Failure to telnet in new install Sun5.10

Hi, I telnet to the localost in new install Sun 5.10 I get below error I also telnet from other to this mahcine but get "access deny" after input root password. The password is correct as I can login in console "Not on system console connection to unknown cloase by foregin host" Why ,... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
25 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

8. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies