Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract batch based on condition Post 302939042 by abhi.mit32 on Saturday 21st of March 2015 01:16:50 PM
Old 03-21-2015
Thanks for your reply...but i am not sure if i can put this perl code in my script which is a shell script.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value inside <text> tag for a particular condition.

Hi All! I have obtained following output from a tool "pdftohtml" :: So, my input is as under: <text top="246" left="160" width="84" height="16" font="3">Business purpose</text> <text top="260" left="506" width="220" height="16" font="3">giving the right information and new insights... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract xml tag based on condition

Hi All, I have a large xml file of invoices. The file looks like below: <INVOICES> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>1234</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>2345</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to batch pdfjoin based on pdfgrep output

I have a situation in which I'm given a bunch of pdf files which are all single pages with employee ID's on an independent line. I need to collate all of the pages by employee ID. Piecemeal, I can find a particular employee ID by just using pdfgrep. I could also do something like this: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nopposan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: how to extract strings from each line based on a condition

Hi , I'm a newbie.Never worked on Unix before. I want a shell script to perform the following: I want to extract strings from each line ,based on the type of line(Nameline,Subline) and output it to another file.Below is a sample format. 2010-12-21 14:00"1"Nameline"Midterm"First Name:Jane ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extract info if fulfill condition required

Input file (4 DATA record shown in this case): DATA AA0110 ACCESSION AA0110 VERSION AA0110 GI:157412239 FEATURES Location/Qualifiers length 1..1170 1..1700 /length="1170" position ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down based on condition

Hello: I need to copy down some data from the previous record in to the next record based on the below conditions If position 41- 59 of the current record is same as the previous record and the value of position 62 is not equal to 1 then copy the previous records value for positions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techedipro
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file loop and increment value for condition

I am trying to have the below batch file do following two things: 1. only allow the values YES,yes,Y,y, or NO,no,N,n 2. increment the counter %var1 only if answer to question 2 is "y" and not able to get the syntax correct. If %var1%=1 then I am trying to display function :end. Thank you :).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

extract file .jar from package and batch

Thank You to vbe For This Useful Post i want to extract file. jar from package and batch ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moh_abaloo
1 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)