Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract batch based on condition Post 302939038 by durden_tyler on Saturday 21st of March 2015 12:03:52 PM
Old 03-21-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.mit32
Is this possible to write in a shell script or any unix tool?
Yes, I'm sure it is possible.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value inside <text> tag for a particular condition.

Hi All! I have obtained following output from a tool "pdftohtml" :: So, my input is as under: <text top="246" left="160" width="84" height="16" font="3">Business purpose</text> <text top="260" left="506" width="220" height="16" font="3">giving the right information and new insights... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract xml tag based on condition

Hi All, I have a large xml file of invoices. The file looks like below: <INVOICES> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>1234</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>2345</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to batch pdfjoin based on pdfgrep output

I have a situation in which I'm given a bunch of pdf files which are all single pages with employee ID's on an independent line. I need to collate all of the pages by employee ID. Piecemeal, I can find a particular employee ID by just using pdfgrep. I could also do something like this: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nopposan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: how to extract strings from each line based on a condition

Hi , I'm a newbie.Never worked on Unix before. I want a shell script to perform the following: I want to extract strings from each line ,based on the type of line(Nameline,Subline) and output it to another file.Below is a sample format. 2010-12-21 14:00"1"Nameline"Midterm"First Name:Jane ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extract info if fulfill condition required

Input file (4 DATA record shown in this case): DATA AA0110 ACCESSION AA0110 VERSION AA0110 GI:157412239 FEATURES Location/Qualifiers length 1..1170 1..1700 /length="1170" position ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down based on condition

Hello: I need to copy down some data from the previous record in to the next record based on the below conditions If position 41- 59 of the current record is same as the previous record and the value of position 62 is not equal to 1 then copy the previous records value for positions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techedipro
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file loop and increment value for condition

I am trying to have the below batch file do following two things: 1. only allow the values YES,yes,Y,y, or NO,no,N,n 2. increment the counter %var1 only if answer to question 2 is "y" and not able to get the syntax correct. If %var1%=1 then I am trying to display function :end. Thank you :).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

extract file .jar from package and batch

Thank You to vbe For This Useful Post i want to extract file. jar from package and batch ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moh_abaloo
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)