Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Stop blinking text after process is complete Post 302939010 by wyclef on Friday 20th of March 2015 09:00:58 PM
Old 03-20-2015
Thanks guys! Lots to look over here...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

some process writin file - check if complete

Hi folks... some process is writing a file.... as soon as the process starts the file comes there, and its growin.. now i in another script want to ftp the file. i don't know if the file is complete or not. the process which writes the file is some other application and hence can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sade
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: wait for process to complete

I'm using PERL on windows NT to try to run an extract of data. I have multiple zip files in multiple locations. I am extracting "*.t" from zip files and subsequently adding that file to one zip file so when the script is complete I should have one zip file with a whole bunch of ".t" files in it. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wait for Background Process to complete

I am attempting within a for-loop, to have my shell script (Solaris v8 ksh) wait until a copy file command to complete before continueing. The specific code is: for files in $(<inputfile.lst) do mv directory/$files directory/$files ksh -m -i bg %% wait $! done I am shaky on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gozer13
3 Replies

4. Programming

blinking text

hi every one i got a problem in blinking text i tried like this main() { initscr(); move(5,10); addstr("this is blink->"); addch('H' | A_BLINK); refresh(); getch(); endwin(); } an error came like this # cc r3.c r3.c: In function ‘main': r3.c:6: error: ‘A_BLINK' undeclared (first... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh.jella
5 Replies

5. AIX

a process that never stop

Dears all i have an AIX box in which i am facing a problem with a process as below: /usr/dt/bin/dtexec -open 0 -ttprocid and each time i am killing this process with "kill -9" then it run again after a while. any ideas or solutions will be appreciated. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ensure file copy is complete before starting process

Hi experts, I have a requirement wherein a user is uploading a file to the Landing directory on one of our Linux servers. A cron job is scheduled to run after every 5 minutes which will pick up the files from the source (Landing) dir and copy to the target dir, and once successfully copied to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop the process

I have the following log file running since yesterday and its consuming so much of the disk space. -rw-rw-r-- 1 dev dba 4543237120 Nov 10 09:00 load_run_file1_0.1111091224.lg How do i kill this process. I don't have any idea of stopping this. Any help would be really appreciated. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Waiting for a process to complete in shell script

Hi, I need to initiate a process script which will start and do some processing and then shuts down. Then i need to other verifications. But the the process takes around 25 to 3o minutes. One thing i can monitor the nohup.out file for this process where i can wait for shutting down statement to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth19
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that waits for process to complete

Hello, I am in need of running an executable provided by a vendor that basically syncs files to a db. This tool can only be run against one folder at a time and it cannot have more than one instance running at a time. However, I need to run this tool against multiple folders. Each run of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipertech
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need generic command to get complete running process details

I am on SunOS and Linux I need generic command to get complete process details from which i will eventually extract socket details (listen address and port) ps -ef | ggrep -i server | ggrep -i mydomaindoes not yield a process that should have both the grep entries along with the listen... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)						   Games Manual 						  MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)

NAME
mog - Maze of Galious SYNOPSIS
mog DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mog command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. mazeofgalious is a is a very adictive game where you have to kill thousands of enemies, collect items in order to obtain new powers, and defeat some really great guys at the end of each level. You are free to go everywhere you want from the beginning of the game, you have to choose very carefully the order in which you visit all the rooms in the huge map if you want to keep your character to stay alive. The map is structures in a main map (called the castle), and 10 submaps (called the worlds), initially you are in the castle, and you have to find the keys that open the doors to go to each of the worlds. To complete the game, you have to defeat the boss at the end of each one of the 10 worlds. You are free to revisit each world as often as you want, in order to see if you have missed something. To defeat all 10 beasts, you control two characters: Popolon and Aphrodite, and each one has special abilities, i.e. Popolon has a greater ability to jump and Aphrodite is able to dive. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gurkan Sengun <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). March 26, 2005 MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)