Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Not able to install telnet on Solaris 11 Post 302938995 by jim mcnamara on Friday 20th of March 2015 03:48:25 PM
Old 03-20-2015
Use this to see if you can even get to https://pkg.oracle.com/solarisstudio/release/ the pkg download site.

Code:
wget  https://pkg.oracle.com/solarisstudio/release/

After that you can try pkg install whatever again and you may get an error like:
Code:
pkg install: Certificate '/var/pkg/ssl/2e1c9ed547e4b167c0488bf83b2a724fbc33597d' for publisher 

'solarisstudio' needed to access 'https://pkg.oracle.com/solarisstudio/release/', has 

expired.  Please install a valid certificate.

-- you will need to get a certificate from oracle == meaning proof of support.

As a side note - /usr/bin/telnet should be on your system by default.

try this (as root user) :
Code:
svcadm enable  /network/telnet:default

This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet into Solaris 8

How can I set my Solaris 8 machine to allow a telnet session from an IP address that is outside the network that the machine sits on? I can ping the address of the Soalris 8 box from the outside, but I cannot telnet into it, it doesn't allow the connection. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ask Me
1 Replies

2. Solaris

HP-UX telnet to Solaris

Hi, i have a strange problem. i have a HP-UX which is used to telnet to two solaris machine via port 11000. On the solaris machines, there's an application that sends a series of ascii character separated by LF over to the the HP-UX. The problem is that when the HP-UX connects to solaris A,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xenomage
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Install telnet in Fedora 8 ?

Hi,I need to make a test on Fedora 8, with a Telnet... and seems NOT to beenabled.The package is installed, but if I have a look into /etc/xinedtd thereis no TELNET file ?Is there any changes into FEDORA 8 ?Plz help .. ...Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Failure to telnet in new install Sun5.10

Hi, I telnet to the localost in new install Sun 5.10 I get below error I also telnet from other to this mahcine but get "access deny" after input root password. The password is correct as I can login in console "Not on system console connection to unknown cloase by foregin host" Why ,... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
25 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

8. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
pkg::create(3tcl)					       Tcl Built-In Commands						 pkg::create(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pkg::create - Construct an appropriate 'package ifneeded' command for a given package specification SYNOPSIS
::pkg::create -name packageName -version packageVersion ?-load filespec? ... ?-source filespec? ... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
::pkg::create is a utility procedure that is part of the standard Tcl library. It is used to create an appropriate package ifneeded com- mand for a given package specification. It can be used to construct a pkgIndex.tcl file for use with the package mechanism. OPTIONS
The parameters supported are: -name packageName This parameter specifies the name of the package. It is required. -version packageVersion This parameter specifies the version of the package. It is required. -load filespec This parameter specifies a binary library that must be loaded with the load command. filespec is a list with two elements. The first element is the name of the file to load. The second, optional element is a list of commands supplied by loading that file. If the list of procedures is empty or omitted, ::pkg::create will set up the library for direct loading (see pkg_mkIndex). Any num- ber of -load parameters may be specified. -source filespec This parameter is similar to the -load parameter, except that it specifies a Tcl library that must be loaded with the source com- mand. Any number of -source parameters may be specified. At least one -load or -source parameter must be given. SEE ALSO
package(3tcl) KEYWORDS
auto-load, index, package, version Tcl 8.3 pkg::create(3tcl)