Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris NFS with a NAS: permanently inconsistent directory state across clients Post 302938946 by achenle on Friday 20th of March 2015 07:32:32 AM
Old 03-20-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
Ensure the mount points are directories with 755 permission! (umount to check.)
That too.

I see that nfsstat data and I see non-zero values in NFSv2 stats. Is the server Linux-based? Or Irix-based - nothing like inode numbers greater than 2 gig - the files are invisible to 32-bit applications running on Solaris since an inode number above 2 gig violates the specs for a 32-bit system.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS to NAS transfer

Hey guys, My servers run Solaris 10. I have to move data from my NFS mount drives into the NAS storage area with all the same permissions ( for the users and programs and everything else). Can any one help me please ?? Thanks. MisterKhan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount of Windows NAS

The UPS connected to the Disk Array portion of my Windows 2003 NAS burned up over the weekend. Reconnected it to a new UPS and re-booted the NAS box. Since then I have not been able to get my HPUX 10.2 box to mount the shared drives on the NAS. At boot, the NFS client & server subsystems do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twalker0
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quest on NFS with 1 Server & 2 Clients

Hello; I work now with a team which has based her "applications" on the following schema: 1 NFS client C1 (linux redhat 5) writes a file fic.dat on a NFS SERVER S (RH 5) Another NFS client C2 is waiting for the same file fic.dat (on NFS server S1), and, when "fic.dat" appears, then makes... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolarMax
8 Replies

4. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unmounting NFS idle clients from server

Hello World, We have a software repository server in our environment which we use as an NFS server. Now this has been going on well before I was hired. Now, I observed many users not unmounting the NFS resources after their use. I ran showmount and it showed 513 current sessions. :wall: Is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS / DAS / SAN / NAS - Which is best?

i've used only NFS and as many already found out, it can be or rather i should say, it is very unreliable. based on the collective experiences of the members on this board, i would really appreciate it if someone can tell me what the next best file sharing method is? is it DAS? SAN? NAS? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Add directory to path permanently

I ssh in and am trying to add a directory permanently to $PATH in centos 7 and having issues. My current $PATH is echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin but when I do a sudo nano ~/.bashrc # .bashrc # User specific aliases and functions alias... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 9 Home Directory, Two Machines Sharing a NAS

Good Morning, I have 2 Solaris 9 machines sharing a NAS, and need to have users to be able to log in from the 2nd machine and get to all of their files on the NAS that were created on the 1st machine. So far its working ok, but when users log in to the second machine, their user IDs show... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
20 Replies
CLRI(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   CLRI(8)

NAME
clri -- clear an inode SYNOPSIS
clri special_device inode_number ... DESCRIPTION
Clri is obsoleted for normal file system repair work by fsck(8). Clri zeros out the inodes with the specified inode number(s) on the filesystem residing on the given special_device. The fsck(8) utility is usually run after clri to reclaim the zero'ed inode(s) and the blocks previously claimed by those inode(s). Both read and write permission are required on the specified special_device. The primary purpose of this routine is to remove a file which for some reason is not being properly handled by fsck(8). Once removed, it is anticipated that fsck(8) will be able to clean up the resulting mess. SEE ALSO
fsck(8), fsdb(8), icheck(8), ncheck(8) BUGS
If the file is open, the work of clri will be lost when the inode is written back to disk from the inode cache. 4th Berkeley Distribution April 19, 1994 4th Berkeley Distribution