Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ORA-00904: invalid identifier Post 302938911 by gmatcat on Friday 20th of March 2015 02:50:47 AM
Old 03-20-2015
ORA-00904: invalid identifier

I've been trying to debug this for 3 hours now. TAB is a table where it contains all the table names. If I try to run it without the filter 'where' it runs fine and outputs the number of rows. But when I put a filter it shows that error. I want to be able to know if the table exists, if it doesn't, create it. But I'm stuck here..

Code:
#bin/ksh

OUTPUT=$(sqlplus -s ABC31/ABC31@ALPHA01 << EOF
        set echo off feed off heading off tab off pagesize 0 trimspool on linesize 500
        SELECT COUNT(*) from tab where tname = 'SAMPLE_TABLE';
exit;
EOF)

echo $OUTPUT

ORA-00904: "SAMPLE_TABLE": invalid identifier

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 03-20-2015 at 05:26 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with shell script...ORA-00904:invalid identifier

Guys, Please suggest me what's wrong with this script? #!/usr/bin/sh ############################################################################## # Author : Bhagat Singh # # # Date : Nov 13,2006 #... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

': not a valid identifier

I am trying to write a bash script. I am able to do simple things like pass arguments, assign variables and echo the results. However, when I try to declare and array or anything a little more complicated I get ': not a valid identifier Here is my code so far: #!/bin/bash echo start t... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: script123
7 Replies

3. Solaris

-sh: is not an identifier

Hi , I am getting the following message when log into my unix account in sun solaris (version5.9)server. -sh: ORACLE_HOME=/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1: is not an identifier The ORACLE_HOME is set in .profile file. Another thing is that SID is also set inside .profile like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

not an identifier

Hi I have already gone through this topic on this forum, but still i am getting same problem. I am using solaris 10. my login shell is /usr/bash i have got a script as below /home/gyan> cat 3.cm #!/usr/bin/ksh export PROG_NAME=rpaa001 if i run this script as below , it works fine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanibaba
3 Replies

5. Solaris

maxuprc and maxusers - ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302

Hi all, Am intermittently getting the following errors on one of my databases. Errors in file /oracle/HRD/saptrace/background/hrd_psp0_13943.trc: ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12 ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space ORA-27302:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

is not an identifier

Hi Guys... I am using the following codes in my script: SID_L=`cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab|grep -v "^#"|cut -f1 -d: -s` SID_VAR=$SID_L for SID_RUN in $SID_VAR do ORACLE_HOME=`grep ^$SID_RUN /var/opt/oracle/oratab | \ awk -F: '{print $2}'` ;export ORACLE_HOME export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep all ORA errors except one ORA error

Hi - I am trying to grep all "ORA" errors in a log files.I have to grep all ORA errors except one error for example ORA-01653.How can exclude that error in "grep" command? In following "grep" command I want to exclude "ORA-01653" error grep -i ORA alert.log >>/tmp/ora_errors.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
7 Replies

8. AIX

Bison -pap_expr_yy invalid character:% unexpected "identifier" while running make for Apache2.4.3 64

The Follwing packages are installed on my AIX 6.1 box gcc-4.7.2-1 gcc-c++-4.7.2-1 gcc-cpp-4.7.2-1 gcc-gfortran-4.7.2-1 libgcc-4.7.2-1 libgomp-4.7.2-1 libstdc++-4.7.2-1 libstdc++-devel-4.7.2-1 gmp-5.0.5-1 libmpc-1.0.1-2 libmpc-devel-1.0.1-2 libmpcdec-1.2.6-1 libmpcdec-devel-1.2.6-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashish Gupta
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sql invalid identifier ORA-00904

Hello I am trying to use the following inside a shell script : S_TAB=$(sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<EOF set feedback off linesize 132 pages 0 echo off verify off heading off select created from v\$database; select 'hurrah' from dual; EOF) Spews out lots of rubbish... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_b
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ora-27603:ora-27626:

Hi, User claim that job is running slow from their end. I DBA found in database the below errors in alert log file. ORA-27603: Cell storage I/O error, I/O failed on disk o/192.168.10.3/RECO_DM01_CD_01_drm01 at offset 13335789568 for data length 1048576 ORA-27626: Exadata error: 2201 (IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
Table(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Table(3)

NAME
Tk::Table - Scrollable 2 dimensional table of Tk widgets SYNOPSIS
use Tk::Table; $table = $parent->Table(-rows => number, -columns => number, -scrollbars => anchor, -fixedrows => number, -fixedcolumns => number, -takefocus => boolean); $widget = $table->Button(...); $old = $table->put($row,$col,$widget); $old = $table->put($row,$col,"Text"); # simple Label $widget = $table->get($row,$col); $cols = $table->totalColumns; $rows = $table->totalRows; $table->see($widget); $table->see($row,$col); ($row,$col) = $table->Posn($widget); DESCRIPTION
Tk::Table is an all-perl widget/geometry manager which allows a two dimensional table of arbitary perl/Tk widgets to be displayed. Entries in the Table are simply ordinary perl/Tk widgets. They should be created with the Table as their parent. Widgets are positioned in the table using: $table->put($row,$col,$widget) If $widget is not a reference it is treated as a string, and a Lable widget is created with the string as its text. All the widgets in each column are set to the same width - the requested width of the widest widget in the column. Likewise, all the widgets in each row are set to the same height - the requested height of the tallest widget in the column. A number of rows and/or columns can be marked as 'fixed' - and so can serve as 'headings' for the remainder the rows which are scrollable. The requested size of the table as a whole is such that the number of rows specified by -rows (default 10), and number of columns specified by -columns (default 10) can be displayed. If the Table is told it can take the keyboard focus then cursor and scroll keys scroll the displayed widgets. The Table will create and manage its own scrollbars if requested via -scrollbars. The table can be emptied using $table->clear the widgets which were in the table are destroyed. The Tk::Table widget is derived from a Tk::Frame, so inherits all its configure options. BUGS
/ Snags / Possible enhancements o Very large Tables consume a lot of X windows. o No equivalent of pack's -anchor/-pad etc. options SEE ALSO
Tk::grid, Tk::HList, Tk::TableMatrix, Tk::MListbox, Tk::Columns perl v5.12.1 2007-11-08 Table(3)