Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Phrase txt file row to column Post 302938897 by pareshkp on Thursday 19th of March 2015 10:06:06 PM
Old 03-19-2015
Sorry for Not reading your all question

Are the lines within each Event record always in the same order? -- yes
Are there ever any missing lines within an Event record?--- NO- same input for all
Are the field names always the same in every Event record? --- yes same for all

What have you tried? learning stage so try to do small scripting with awk command
What operating system are you using? solaris don't know the version
What shell are you using? awk and sed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the first column from the txt file using unix command?

Hi All, I have the file like this (file name is : tem_text) no Id name ccy ------- ---- ------------------- -------- 7777 17 India Overseas Partners 500INR I want to retreive the third colimn of from the above text file if i use the basic awk command cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving data from a specified column/row to another column/row

Hello, I have an input file like the following: 11_3_4 2_1_35 3_15__ _16989 Where '_' is a space. The data is in a table. Is there a way for the program to prompt the user for x1,y1 and x2,y2, where x1,y1 is the desired number (for example x=6 y=4 is a value of 4) and move to a desired spot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

5. AIX

Adding column in a .txt file

Helle, I want to create a .ksh script in order to realize the following : I have a .txt file organized in a bloc of information, each bloc start with 000 as following: 000... 001... 003... 004... 000... 001... 003... 004... . . My aim is to add a new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainab2006
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a new column to txt file containing filename

I would like help adding a new column to a large txt file (~10MB) that contains the filename. I have searched other posts but have not found an adequate solution. I need this extra column so I can concatenate >100 files and perform awk searches on this large file. My current txt file look... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print first row with forth column and last row with fifth column in each file

file with this content awk 'NR==1 {print $4} && NR==2 {print $5}' file The error is shown with syntax error; what can be done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a phrase and pull all lines that follow until the phrase occurs again?

I want to burst a report by using the page number value in the report header. Each section starts with *PAGE NO:* 1 Each section might have several pages, but the next section always starts back at 1. So I want to find the "*PAGE NO:* 1" value and pull all lines that follow until "*PAGE NO:* 1"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk help: how to pull phrase and one column from line above?

Hi everyone, Here's my awk statement so far: awk '/TOTAL TYPE:/{print x;print};{x=$0}' file1 >file2 'file1' has too much proprietary data in it to include here, so let's go with the output from code above. It looks like this: 123456 JAMES T KIRK D ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
2 Replies
CREATEPYMB(1)						      General Commands Manual						     CREATEPYMB(1)

NAME
createPYMB, readPYBase, readPYMB, mb2org, scel2org - fcitx Pinyin related tools SYNOPSIS
createPYMB <PinyinFile> <PhraseFile> readPYBase [-b <PinyinMBFile>] [-h] readPYMB [-f <PhraseMBFile>] [-s] [-h] mb2org [-b <PinyinMBFile>] [-f <PhraseMBFile>] [-s] [-h] scel2org [-o <Phrase File>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
-b <PinyinMBFile> If not specified, it will read system default pybase.mb. -f <PhraseMBFile> If not specified, it will read user default PhraseMBFile, which is ~/.config/fcitx/pyusrphrase.mb. -s If specified, it will read PhraseMBFile as system format, otherwise will read it as user format. -h display help and exit Pinyin File Pinyin File is a file with pinyin and one character per line, separated with space. One available file is in the source of fcitx, named gbkpy.org. Phrase File Phrase File is a file with full pinyin separated with ' and the corresponding phrase. The default phrase file of fcitx can be down- loaded at http://fcitx.googlecode.com/files/pinyin.tar.gz. Pinyin MB File Pinyin MB File is the binary format of Pinyin File. Phrase MB File Phrase MB File is the binary format of Pinyin File, user's history phrase mb file is ~/.config/fcitx/pyuserphrase.mb. There is two different format, one is system format which can only generated by createPYMB , and other is user format which can only generated while input with fcitx Pinyin IM. Output of createPYMB will be pybase.mb, which is Pinyin MB File, and pyphrase.mb, which is Phrase MB File. Output of mb2org, readPYBase and readPYMB will be stdout. readPYBase and readPYMB are designed to output more debug message of Pinyin MB File and Phrase MB File. mb2org will output in the format of Phrase File. scel2org is used for transform Sogou Scel File to Phrase File of fcitx. Output of scel2org will be stdout if -o is not used. SEE ALSO
Please see the homepage at http://www.fcitx.org/ and http://fcitx.googlecode.com/ 2010-12-16 CREATEPYMB(1)