Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make bold chars in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Make bold chars in UNIX Post 302938737 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 18th of March 2015 04:11:15 PM
Old 03-18-2015
Thanks, good to know that in practice it is much more usable than the POSIX standard suggests...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How can I make ls -l in HP-UNIX?

I made a liitle source about that.. BUt I got a trouble when making files'authority.. How can I display them?? p.s.) used struct stat .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sangjinn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden chars in Unix can be replaced?

We have some unseen chars in unix, like '^T's, can be seen with 'cat -v' command. Is there any way, with which, we can replace these ^T s with a space? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make a bold text in vi

pls disregard got my question answered . as you can't do bold in vi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xzyan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i make this bold

Folks; I'm writing this as a part of a script: echo "col1 hdg|col2hdg|col3hdg|" How can i make these fields shows in Bold text? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert C source from 8bit chars to 16bit chars?

I was using the following bash command inside the emacs compile command to search C++ source code: grep -inr --include='*.h' --include='*.cpp' '"' * | sed "/include/d" | sed "/_T/d" | sed '/^ *\/\//d' | sed '/extern/d' Emacs will then position me in the correct file and at the correct line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

6. Programming

Unix Make

I need tutorial on Make utility on Unix. Any help or link appreciated. many thanks Mirko (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmipko
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 4 chars on 2nd line, 44 chars over

I know this should be simple, but I've been manning sed awk grep and find and am stupidly stumped :( I'm trying to use sed (or awk, find, etc) to find 4 characters on the second line of a file.txt 44-47 characters in. I can find lots of sed things for lines, but not characters. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold chars redirect to CSV

Is there any way to redirect characters in bold to .csv file using KSH. I need to open this csv in MS EXCEL. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: param_it
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing formats (bold) from UNIX file

Hi , Could you please guide me how to remove formatting (bold text) in a unix file? vi editor showing like this... ^ Cat command showing like this... tl21ss01 tl21ss02 tl21ss03 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
PTHREAD_ATTR(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   PTHREAD_ATTR(3)

NAME
pthread_attr_init, pthread_attr_destroy -- thread attribute operations LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_attr_init(pthread_attr_t *attr); int pthread_attr_destroy(pthread_attr_t *attr); DESCRIPTION
Thread attributes are used to specify parameters to pthread_create(). One attribute object can be used in multiple calls to pthread_create(), with or without modifications between the calls. The pthread_attr_t type is an opaque representation of the thread attributes; any access to the object other than via the described pthread_attr_*() functions may result in undefined behavior. The pthread_attr_init() function initializes attr with the default thread attributes used in the implementation. Depending on the implemen- tation, undefined behavior may follow if an uninitialized thread attribute object is used with some of the thread attribute functions. It is therefore a good practice to always use pthread_attr_init(), even if this might be unnecessary. Undefined behavior may also follow if an already initialized attr is used with pthread_attr_init(). When the attribute object is no longer needed, it should be destroyed by using pthread_attr_destroy(). The function has no effect on threads that were created by using a given attribute object. A destroyed attr can be reinitialized using pthread_attr_init(), but all other actions with the destroyed object are unspecified. The following standard thread attribute functions are available: Function Description pthread_attr_getdetachstate(3) thread detach state pthread_attr_getguardsize(3) thread guard size pthread_attr_getinheritsched(3) inherit scheduler attribute pthread_attr_getschedparam(3) thread scheduling parameter pthread_attr_getschedpolicy(3) thread scheduling policy pthread_attr_getscope(3) thread contention scope pthread_attr_getstack(3) thread stack pthread_attr_getstacksize(3) thread stack size pthread_attr_getstackaddr(3) thread stack address Each listed pthread_attr_get*() function contains a pthread_attr_set*() counterpart. In addition, the following NetBSD specific extensions are available: Function Description pthread_attr_get_np(3) attributes of a running thread pthread_attr_getname_np(3) descriptive name of an attribute RETURN VALUES
If successful, these functions return 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
No errors are defined for pthread_attr_init() and pthread_attr_destroy(). SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3), pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
Both pthread_attr_init() and pthread_attr_destroy() conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
July 9, 2010 BSD