Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make bold chars in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Make bold chars in UNIX Post 302938695 by cjcox on Wednesday 18th of March 2015 12:20:33 PM
Old 03-18-2015
yes ncurses is a binary package. On FreeBSD to get a terminfo db, you need the devel part as well.

Scripts use binaries. In *ix it's essential.... scripting gives power to use those binary programs in strange and fabulous ways to do truly interesting things.

---------- Post updated at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:18 AM ----------

Oh.... and tput doesn't have to part of ncurses. It's just that ncurses is a popular package and where it's found on many systems nowadays.

---------- Post updated at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:19 AM ----------

People in general don't seem to care much for terminals anymore... sad, but true.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How can I make ls -l in HP-UNIX?

I made a liitle source about that.. BUt I got a trouble when making files'authority.. How can I display them?? p.s.) used struct stat .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sangjinn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden chars in Unix can be replaced?

We have some unseen chars in unix, like '^T's, can be seen with 'cat -v' command. Is there any way, with which, we can replace these ^T s with a space? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make a bold text in vi

pls disregard got my question answered . as you can't do bold in vi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xzyan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i make this bold

Folks; I'm writing this as a part of a script: echo "col1 hdg|col2hdg|col3hdg|" How can i make these fields shows in Bold text? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert C source from 8bit chars to 16bit chars?

I was using the following bash command inside the emacs compile command to search C++ source code: grep -inr --include='*.h' --include='*.cpp' '"' * | sed "/include/d" | sed "/_T/d" | sed '/^ *\/\//d' | sed '/extern/d' Emacs will then position me in the correct file and at the correct line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

6. Programming

Unix Make

I need tutorial on Make utility on Unix. Any help or link appreciated. many thanks Mirko (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmipko
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 4 chars on 2nd line, 44 chars over

I know this should be simple, but I've been manning sed awk grep and find and am stupidly stumped :( I'm trying to use sed (or awk, find, etc) to find 4 characters on the second line of a file.txt 44-47 characters in. I can find lots of sed things for lines, but not characters. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold chars redirect to CSV

Is there any way to redirect characters in bold to .csv file using KSH. I need to open this csv in MS EXCEL. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: param_it
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing formats (bold) from UNIX file

Hi , Could you please guide me how to remove formatting (bold text) in a unix file? vi editor showing like this... ^ Cat command showing like this... tl21ss01 tl21ss02 tl21ss03 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)