Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run a script, but not let user see code? Post 302938607 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 17th of March 2015 10:24:53 PM
Old 03-17-2015
Sort of. You can obfuscate the code making it beyond difficult to read unless you know about Wily Coyote and the guys at CPAN. Check out acme::bleach, acme::buffy, and acme::eye_drops. The last one NOT requiring the acme::eye_drops module to run the obfuscated code. buffy & bleach have to run the Frankenstein code they generated.

Cartoons are always more fun than coding, except when coding creates cartoons....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a script with another user id

Hi, I have a script A.run which will call B.run. How can i run B.run with a common id instead of using my login id? I have tried as below, in Script A.run : ......... echo "Running B.run......" rsh -l commonid hostname B.run ......... but it's give me "Permission Denied"....... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have script run as a different user

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the Linux world. I have a script that needs to run under "UserB". But I don't want to give out the password to UserB. Is there a way to setup the script to run as "UserB" when UserA runs it. Thanks in advance for your assistance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikey20
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the script from another user

Hello Experts I want to run script from another user in unix . Also the script has been calling from SQL. HOST command helps to call the unix file from sql . But my problem is the unix script has to be run by another user. I tried tht following $ sudo su - user2 -c who... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishnaramjis
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run script? call other script? su to another user? make a cron?

Good morning. I am searching for "how-to"'s for some particular questions: 1. How to write a script in HP-UX 11. 2. How to schedule a script. 3. How to "call" scripts from the original script. 4. How to su to another user from within a script. This is the basics of what the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
15 Replies

5. AIX

Run script with different user at the startup ..

Run script with different user at the startup .. I have created this user appuser And I have a script should to be up thru the startup by this user appuser I have defined the path of the script /user/appstart.sh in /etc/rc But at the startup starting will be by root , I’d like to keep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
6 Replies

6. AIX

Run script by another user

Guy's I have script to start the data base and this script need to be excited by Oracle user Is there any command to be excited by root and to run this script Start_Oracal_DB.sh by Oracle user Pls Advice … Excessive formatting removed. I have told you so on several occasions now and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the script as other user

hello all There are files on host1 which need to sftp'd to host2 everyday. user 'yyy' has his dsa keys set up on host 1 and host 2 . If user 'yyy' executes the below query without 'su' part, then all files are transferred. Now user 'xxx' wants to run the script and transfer the files, but he... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SAME SCRIPT as different user

Dear all, i am doing an SVN backup script. Almost done. My problem is : Script should run by user : svn There is a chance to run the script by root itself.. so i coded like following #This script path and name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow a different user to run a script

Hi I have a script that i would like to be run by a different user. For example, I have a file called 'mytest.pl' created by user 'user4' What command should i use to make sure that user 'ydanial' has ability to run 'mytest.pl' ? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Su to another user to run script

I have a script ( the name is /tmp/script1) , the content is simple , just copy a file to another directory . Now I would like every user will change to a specific user ( eg. userA ) before run this script so that the script will be run by userA , that mean I want only userA run this script , I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitEvilVariables(3User Contributed Perl DocumentatiPerl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitEvilVariables(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitEvilVariables - Ban variables that aren't blessed by your shop. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Use this policy if you wish to prohibit the use of specific variables. These may be global variables warned against in "perlvar", or just variables whose names you do not like. CONFIGURATION
The set of prohibited variables is configurable via the "variables" and "variables_file" options. The value of "variables" should be a string of space-delimited, fully qualified variable names and/or regular expressions. An example of prohibiting two specific variables in a .perlcriticrc file: [Variables::ProhibitEvilVariables] variables = $[ $^S $SIG{__DIE__} If you prohibit an array or hash (e.g. @INC), use of elements of the array or hash will be prohibited as well. If you specify a subscripted variable (e.g. $SIG{__DIE__}), only the literal subscript specified will be detected. The above <.perlcritic> file, for example, will cause "perlcritic (1)" to detect "$SIG{__DIE__} = &foo", but not my $foo = '__DIE__'; $SIG{$foo} = &foo; Regular expressions are identified by values beginning and ending with slashes. Any variable with a name that matches "m/pattern/sm" will be forbidden. For example: [Variables::ProhibitEvilVariables] variables = /acme/ would cause all variables that match "m/acme/" to be forbidden. If you want a case-blind check, you can use (?i: ... ). For example [Variables::ProhibitEvilVariables] variables = /(?i:acme)/ forbids variables that match "m/acme/smi". In addition, you can override the default message ("Prohibited variable "variable" used") with your own, in order to give suggestions for alternative action. To do so, put your message in curly braces after the variable name or regular expression. Like this: [Variables::ProhibitEvilVariables] variables = $[ {Found use of $[. Program to base index 0 instead} If your message contains curly braces, you can enclose it in parentheses, angle brackets, or square brackets instead. Similarly, the "variables_file" option gives the name of a file containing specifications for prohibited variables. Only one variable specification is allowed per line and comments start with an octothorp and run to end of line; no curly braces are necessary for delimiting messages: $[ # Prohibit the "$[" variable and use the default message. # Prohibit the "$^S" variable and give a replacement message. $^S Having to think about $^S in exception handlers is just wrong # Use a regular expression. /acme/ No coyotes allowed. By default, there are no prohibited variables, although I can think of a few that should be. See "perldoc perlvar" for a few suggestions. RESTRICTIONS
Variables of the form "${^foo}" are not recognized by PPI as of version 1.206. When PPI recognizes these, this policy will Just Work for them too. Only direct references to prohibited variables and literal subscripts will be recognized. For example, if you prohibit $[, the first line in my $foo = $[; $$foo = 1; will be flagged as a violation, but not the second, even though the second, in fact, assigns to $[. Similarly, if you prohibit $SIG{__DIE__}, this policy will not recognize my $foo = '__DIE__'; $SIG{$foo} = sub {warn 'I cannot die!'}; as an assignment to $SIG{__DIE__}. NOTES
This policy leans heavily on Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::ProhibitEvilModules by Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009-2011 Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitEvilVariables(3)