Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & send a mail conformation for any error Post 302938412 by Neo on Monday 16th of March 2015 02:41:49 AM
Old 03-16-2015
So please provide us with the script you have tried to write yourself.

Thanks.

We are here to help you write your own scripts; not write scripts for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for tar and zip based on month & year

Hi Friends, I'm doing on script which finds all the files with time stamp and makes them tar and zip, based on their respective month&year. for instance "mar-2004.tar.zip" will contain all the files which was created/accessed/modified on mar-2004. like this the entire filesystem should be taken... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuxfello
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file & send mail thru script

In shell script how can I attach a file and send a mail. suppose if I written like the following way usr/bin/mail 'subject" "mail_id" < file. a mail goes to the mail-id with the content of file.But I want the file to be atttached to the mail.How can I get it.is there any way for this. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script delete log files from folder & subfolders on space usage

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script to delete logs generate by db when space in the folder reaches 70%. i am getting space values from db, find the files at OS and remove them by using a cron job runs every 5minutes. I have to keep the latest 5 files at any time, my problem is that log files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace & with &amp; xml file

Hello All I have a xml file with many sets of records like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> also same file can be like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> <tag3>data2&amp;data3</tag3> Now i can grep & and replace with &amp; for whole file but it will replace all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokaish23
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log file - Delete duplicate line & keep last date

Hello All ! I need your help on this case, I have a csv file with this: ITEM105;ARI FSR;2016-02-01 08:02;243 ITEM101;ARI FSR;2016-02-01 06:02;240 ITEM032;RNO TLE;2016-02-01 11:03;320 ITEM032;RNO TLE;2016-02-02 05:43;320 ITEM032;RNO TLE;2016-02-01 02:03;320 ITEM032;RNO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadim-bzh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Error in Console and both Error & Output in Log file - UNIX

I am writing a shell script with 2 run time arguments. During the execution if i got any error, then it needs to redirected to a error file and in console. Also both error and output to be redirected to a log file. But i am facing the below error. #! /bin/sh errExit () { errMsg=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
1 Replies
JavaMap(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      JavaMap(3pm)

NAME
Log::Log4perl::JavaMap - maps java log4j appenders to Log::Dispatch classes SYNOPSIS
############################### log4j.appender.FileAppndr1 = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender log4j.appender.FileAppndr1.File = /var/log/onetime.log log4j.appender.FileAppndr1.Append = false log4j.appender.FileAppndr1.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout log4j.appender.FileAppndr1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n ############################### DESCRIPTION
If somebody wants to create an appender called "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender", we want to translate it to Log::Dispatch::Screen, and then translate the log4j options into Log::Dispatch parameters.. What's Implemented (Note that you can always use the Log::Dispatch::* module. By 'implemented' I mean having a translation class that translates log4j options into the Log::Dispatch options so you can use log4j rather than log4perl syntax in your config file.) Here's the list of appenders I see on the current (6/2002) log4j site. These are implemented ConsoleAppender - Log::Dispatch::Screen FileAppender - Log::Dispatch::File RollingFileAppender - Log::Dispatch::FileRotate (by Mark Pfeiffer) JDBCAppender - Log::Log4perl::Appender::DBI SyslogAppender - Log::Dispatch::Syslog NTEventLogAppender - Log::Dispatch::Win32EventLog These should/will/might be implemented DailyRollingFileAppender - SMTPAppender - Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSender These might be implemented but they don't have corresponding classes in Log::Dispatch (yet): NullAppender TelnetAppender These might be simulated LF5Appender - use Tk? ExternallyRolledFileAppender - catch a HUP instead? These will probably not be implemented AsyncAppender JMSAppender SocketAppender - (ships a serialized LoggingEvent to the server side) SocketHubAppender ROLL YOUR OWN
Let's say you've in a mixed Java/Perl enviroment and you've come up with some custom Java appender with behavior you want to use in both worlds, "myorg.customAppender". You write a Perl appender with the same behavior "Myorg::CustomAppender". You want to use one config file accross both applications, so the config file will have to say 'myorg.customAppender'. But the mapping from "myorg.customAppender" to "Myorg::CustomAppender" isn't in this JavaMap class, so what do you do? In your Perl code, before you call Log::Log4perl::init(), do this: $Log::Log4perl::JavaMap::user_defined{'myorg.customAppender'} = 'Myorg::CustomAppender'; and you can use 'myorg.customAppender' in your config file with impunity. SEE ALSO
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/ COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-2009 by Mike Schilli <m@perlmeister.com> and Kevin Goess <cpan@goess.org>. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-07-21 JavaMap(3pm)