Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Join 2 SQL queries into one
Top Forums Programming Join 2 SQL queries into one Post 302938387 by Lord Spectre on Sunday 15th of March 2015 12:44:03 PM
Old 03-15-2015
Hello achenle.
I respect (and partially agree) your point of view. I need one query because I have to put it into a complex bash script that analyze unique output in some way. What you said is partially true. From one side the complexity make hard to join into one, from other side I'm kindly expecting feedback from other users to increase query speed and usability. For example another user from another community suggest me to use the analytic functions. As you can see below, two queries are joined into one, and the result is a very fast query.
I'm still discussing with him because seem the counters are not respected, so, after the query I got some field1 occurrences lower then 100 or 150. Btw, maybe I need only to fix some things, and the result is in a fast query, many more then mine. That's why I'm asking to internet communities! Smilie

Code:
SELECT field1, field2, field3
FROM (SELECT t.*,
             SUM(CASE WHEN field3 LIKE '33377%' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) OVER (PARTITION BY field1) as cnthave,
             SUM(CASE WHEN field3 NOT LIKE '33377%' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) OVER (PARTITION BY field1) as cntnothave
      FROM TABLE t
      WHERE timestamp between sysdate - interval '20' minute and sysdate - interval '2' minute
     ) t
WHERE (Other conditions here) AND
      (cnthave > 100 or cntnothave > 150);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL queries in background?

I have to query a DB2 database, and sometimes they take a long time to produce results. Can I run these queries in the background, and if so, where will the results appear? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpprial
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script for sql queries

Hi All, I have written 4 sql queries . Now I want to write one SHELL SCRIPTING program for all these queries... i.e 1.select * from head; 2. select * from detail; 3. delete from head; 4. delete from detail; Please let me know how to write a shell script... Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user71408
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select SQL Queries Option

count.sh#!/bin/ksh SQL1=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @count.sql $1 $2 $3` SQL2=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @selectall.sql $1 $2 $3` LIST="Count Select_All" select i in $LIST do if then echo $SQL1 elif then echo $SQL2 fi done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
2 Replies

4. Programming

sql,multiple join,outer join issue

example sql: select a.a1,b.b1,c.c1,d.d1,e.e1 from a left outer join b on a.x=b.x left outer join c on b.y=c.y left outer join d on d.z=a.z inner join a.t=e.t I know how single outer or inner join works in sql. But I don't really understand when there are multiple of them. can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
0 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Insert data into sql queries from a file

Hello friends, I need to insert data from a file to another. I need this to form an sql query file which will consist of 50.000 INSERT INTO sentences. my sql query file will consist of 50.000 times the below line consecutively: insert into subscriber... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script (with sql queries) not working using cron

Hi all, I have script, which performing sql queries and put output into file. When I run this script manually, its working fine, but when I want to schedule it with cron I am getting errors... I defined LD_LYBRARY_PATH and ,but no result. After I defined it, I am getting error: # more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code needed to get sql queries

Hi i need code to get sql queries through a shell script for a text file input which contain the service ids iputfile I-H-2048-10GB-M I-H-4096-12GB-M I-H-2048-p1000-M the code should contain below queries among which service_id is replacable with value from input file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
4 Replies

8. AIX

Convert MS Access Queries to AIX SQL

Unix Team, I'm a recent college graduate entering in the " real world" and boy let me tell you it can quite challenging. I just got a job with a large fortune 50 company lets just say that my expectations and tasks have expanded since I first got hired. Last week I got assigned a pretty big... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: techstudent01
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join, merge, fill NULL the void columns of multiples files like sql "LEFT JOIN" by using awk

Hello, This post is already here but want to do this with another way Merge multiples files with multiples duplicates keys by filling "NULL" the void columns for anothers joinning files file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: 1|123|jojo 1|NULL|bibi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
2 Replies
WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)

NAME
WebService::Solr::Query - Abstract query syntax for Solr queries SYNOPSIS
my $query = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar' } ); my $result = $solr->search( $query ); DESCRIPTION
WebService::Solr::Query provides a programmatic way to generate queries to be sent to Solr. Syntax wise, it attempts to be as close to SQL::Abstract WHERE clauses as possible, with obvious exceptions for idioms that do not exist in SQL. Just as values in SQL::Abstract are SQL-escaped, this module does the appropriate Solr-escaping on all values passed to the object (see "escape()"). QUERY SYNTAX
Key-Value Pairs The simplest way to search is with key value pairs. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar' } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar") Implicit AND and OR By default, data received as a HASHREF is AND'ed together. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar', baz => 'quux' } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar" AND baz:"quux") Furthermore, data received as an ARRAYREF is OR'ed together. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ 'bar', 'baz' ] } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar" OR foo:"baz") Nested AND and OR The ability to nest AND and OR boolean operators is essential to express complex queries. The "-and" and "-or" prefixes have been provided for this need. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ -and => { -prohibit => 'bar' }, { -require => 'baz' } ] } ); # RESULT: (((-foo:"bar") AND (+foo:"baz"))) my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ -or => { -require => 'bar' }, { -prohibit => 'baz' } ] } ); # RESULT: (((+foo:"bar") OR (-foo:"baz"))) Default Field To search the default field, use the "-default" prefix. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { -default => 'bar' } ); # RESULT: ("bar") Require/Prohibit my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -require => 'bar' } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:"bar") my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -prohibit => 'bar' } } ); # RESULT: (-foo:"bar") Range There are two types of range queries, inclusive ("-range_inc") and exclusive ("-range_exc"). The "-range" prefix can be used in place of "-range_inc". my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -range => ['a', 'z'] } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:[a TO z]) my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -range_exc => ['a', 'z'] } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:{a TO z}) Boost my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -boost => [ 'bar', '2.0' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar"^2.0) Proximity my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -proximity => [ 'bar baz', 10 ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar baz"~10) Fuzzy my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -fuzzy => [ 'bar', '0.8' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:bar~0.8) Boost my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -boost => [ 'bar', '2.0' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar"^2.0) Literal Queries Specifying a scalar ref as a value in a key-value pair will allow arbitrary queries to be sent across the line. NB: This will bypass any data massaging done on regular strings, thus the onus of properly escaping the data is left to the user. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { '*' => '*' } ) # RESULT (*:*) ACCESSORS
o query - stores the original query structure METHODS
new( \%query ) Creates a new query object with the given hashref. stringify( ) Converts the supplied structure into a Solr/Lucene query. escape( $value ) The following values must be escaped in a search value: + - & | ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : NB: Values sent to "new()" are automatically escaped for you. unescape( $value ) Unescapes values escaped in "escape()". D Debugging constant, default: off. BUILDARGS Moose method to handle input to "new()". SEE ALSO
o WebService::Solr o http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax AUTHORS
Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2012 National Adult Literacy Database This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-24 WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)