Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problem and question with TCP Post 302938314 by kumaran_5555 on Saturday 14th of March 2015 09:47:28 AM
Old 03-14-2015
please read this, there is no message boundary in TCP. It is just like reading from a pipe and you receive whatever is available.

Please refer this example

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

tcp problem with port

I am trying to connect via DBACCESS and Informix server to a server on a different computer. When I execute the connect command from dbaccess I get the following message, Exec format error cannot bind a name to the port. As far as I know the port is not being used by another client. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lopez
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

WinXP and TCP/IP Problem

Hi Eveyone, I have A small problems maybe some one can help me. I'm running a small network at home with internet access. Two PC's have Win XP and one has Win98se. I have them all hook up on a SMC router. ALL windows firewall are off and and harddrive sharing is on. I am using DCHP network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
3 Replies

3. Solaris

TCP Problem

I am running a Java Client on Solaris 9 which communicates with the Server using TCP/IP. The client transmits a FIN packet to server. The server sends a ACK, FIN enters LAST_ACK state and then waits for ACK from client. The client did not respond back leaving the server in LAST_ACK itself. Also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diarun
0 Replies

4. Programming

TCP status question

There is a server and a client,when client send a message to server,server can send a reply to client. The status of server and client is ESTABLISHED.Then I halt the client,I find the server status is CLOSE_WAIT and the client status is FIN_WAIT_2. Many minutes passed,I find the the server status... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

5. Programming

C & TCP question: AF_INET vs AF_UNIX

Greetings! I am attempting to write a *basic* network client in C. I have manage to create a socket but I have doubts as far as using AF_INET vs AF_UNIX. At the present time, my client runs with AF_INET. Is AF_UNIX faster across hosts using the same OS flavor (Red Hat)? What is the difference... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alan Christen
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

tcp/ip problem

how the data from disk is loaded into memory and then it transfered to tcp/ip packet. how i can find how many pages are loaded into memory by that process what is the rate of context switch for that process. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar20
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcp/ip and memory problem

how the data from disk is loaded into memory and then it supplied to tcp/ip packet. how i can trace the no of pages loaded in memory by that process and rate of context switch for that process. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amar20
1 Replies

8. Programming

Problem with tcp server

Hello @ all, I hope you can give me some advice :b: I will be following code for a tcp server and doStuff () function, the clients treated. From some point, I have several identical clients (zombies, I think), the same records in the database write. Has anyone an explanation? What can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yumos
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Wireshark TCP and HTTP question.

Hello all. This is my first post and thank you for your forum. Here is my question. I have a simple setup at home and I was capturing some data with wireshark. Data between a workstation and the web server, requesting a page. Simple enough. Now when I open wireshark, I apply the TCP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: squaresphere
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bizzare TCP/IP problem

Hi all. I have a really really weird problem that I've been working on for days. The problem manifested as users cannot connect to our web servers via SSH when they're using our wireless network. Here's where it gets weird: - Clients from anywhere other than the wireless subnet can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pileofrogs
4 Replies
nfsd(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   nfsd(8)

NAME
nfsd - The remote NFS compatible server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/nfsd [-t num_tcpthreads] [-u num_udpthreads] The following form of the nfsd command is not recommended and is supported only for backward compatibility: /usr/sbin/nfsd [numthreads] FLAGS
Specifies a number of TCP server threads (per RAD) to spawn. A value of 8 is recommended as a start. Specifies a number of UDP server threads (per RAD) to spawn. A value of 8 is recommended as a start. DESCRIPTION
The nfsd daemon runs on a server machine to service NFS requests from client machines. The daemon spawns a number of server threads that process NFS requests from client machines. At least one server thread must be running for a machine to operate as a server. There are two types of server threads: a server thread that processes NFS requests sent using TCP and a server thread that processes NFS requests sent using UDP. This is necessary because the kernel paths for UDP and TCP NFS messages are different. The -t option specifies the number of TCP threads to run and the -u option specifies the number of UDP threads to run. On systems that support Cache Coherent NUMA, the number of threads is per Resource Affinity Domain (RAD). As you add RADs, the NFS server will automatically scale by creating additional threads. NFS requests are processed by a particular RAD based on the file being accessed; this confines cached information about a file to a single RAD for efficiency. See numa_intro(3) for more information on the NUMA architec- ture. If you use the SysMan Menu to configure NFS, it sets the default at 8 UDP and 8 TCP threads. However, a user can have any number of TCP and UDP nfsd threads running up to a maximum of 128 threads. The optimal number of TCP server threads and UDP server threads depends on many factors. See nfsiod(8) for more information. The server threads are implemented as kernel threads; they are part of Process ID 0, not the nfsd process. The ps axml command displays idle server threads under PID 0. Idle threads will be waiting on nfs_udp_wait or nfs_tcp_wait. Therefore, if 16 server threads are config- ured, only one nfsd process is displayed in the output from the ps command, although 16 server threads are available to handle NFS requests. Files that are larger than 2 gigabytes are exported as 2 gigabyte files when accessed by NFS Version 2. NFS Version 2 is a 32-bit proto- col, therefore, the size and offset fields are 32-bit quantities (on Alpha UFS they are 64-bit quantities). Use caution when accessing files larger than 2 gigabytes from NFS clients. EXAMPLES
In the following example, 16 threads are run (8 for TCP and 8 for UDP): nfsd -t 8 -u 8 FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the file for logging startup errors (before the server threads are started). Specifies the file for logging NFS errors (after the server threads are started). RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: mount(8), mountd(8), nfsconfig(8), nfsstat(8), portmap(8) System calls: nfssvc(2) delim off nfsd(8)