Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use substr to extract character between two semicolon? Post 302938262 by kenshinhimura on Friday 13th of March 2015 04:08:05 PM
Old 03-13-2015
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=":"}{$3="";}1'

To:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=":"}{$10="";}1'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extract a character

HI Guys, Have a Doubt...... I have a pattern "abcdef" and i need to extract the third character..ie(c) How to achieve it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract character + 1

Hi, I would like extract from a file a character or pattern after ( n + 1) a specific pattern (n) . ( i supposed with awk) how could i do ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract character from string

ps -eaf | grep “oracleTRLV (LOCAL=NO)” | while read ora_proc do echo $ora_proc done I would like to modify the above shell so that if character 13 and 14 equal "12" to do something. Sorry I'm new to shell:( (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: NicoMan
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract semicolon separated delimiter

The log reads as follows. fname1;lname1;eid1;addr;pincode1; fname2;lname2;eid2;addr2;pincode2; fname3;lname3;eid3;addr3;pincode3; fname4;lname4;eid;addr4;pincode4; how do i extract only fname and save it in an array similarly for lname and so on i tried reading a file and cutting each... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk extract certain digits from file with index substr

I would like to extract a digit from $0 starting 2,30 to 3,99 or 2.30 to 3.99 Can somebody fix this? awk --re-interval '{if($0 ~ /{1}{2}/) {print FILENAME, substr($0,index($0,/{1}{2}/) , 4)}}'input abcdefg sdlfkj 3,29 g. lasdfj alsdfjasl 2.86 gr. slkjds sldkd lskdjfsl sdfkj kdjlksj 3,34 g... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a semicolon and numbers after a semicolon

I have this: ((9:0.010,(11:0.089,13:0.004)) and I would like this: ((A9,(A11,A13)) How do I delete the semi colon and the number (i.e. 0.010) after the semi colon? Also, how can I add the letter before the number that is NOT removed? Thank you in advance! ---------- Post updated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract First character in Second column

Hi, I need to extract the first character of second column of my file. If the condition matches, then I need to print the 2nd and 3rd column as my output I tried below mentioned query but it was not working awk -F'|' '$2~/^5/' Sgn_group.txt File Name : Sgn_group.txt country... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substr/Instr in shell script or extract part of text

Hi, I need to extract part of a text to two variables text is "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. ERROR ----------------------------------------------------------------- Test Error Message PLUSVAR ---------- 1" I want "Test Error Message" in one variable and "1" in another variable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedavrath
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Substr with % - extract numbers only

# cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.5 (Maipo) I have this script that will monitor filesystems and send me e-amil alerts. #! /bin/ksh DIST_LIST=monitor@...com WORKDIR=/home/monitor WARNLEVEL=90 MAIL_SUBJ="filesystems monitor on "$(hostname) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielshell
3 Replies
Test::use::ok(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Test::use::ok(3)

NAME
Test::use::ok - Alternative to Test::More::use_ok SYNOPSIS
use ok 'Some::Module'; DESCRIPTION
According to the Test::More documentation, it is recommended to run "use_ok()" inside a "BEGIN" block, so functions are exported at compile-time and prototypes are properly honored. That is, instead of writing this: use_ok( 'Some::Module' ); use_ok( 'Other::Module' ); One should write this: BEGIN { use_ok( 'Some::Module' ); } BEGIN { use_ok( 'Other::Module' ); } However, people often either forget to add "BEGIN", or mistakenly group "use_ok" with other tests in a single "BEGIN" block, which can create subtle differences in execution order. With this module, simply change all "use_ok" in test scripts to "use ok", and they will be executed at "BEGIN" time. The explicit space after "use" makes it clear that this is a single compile-time action. SEE ALSO
Test::More CC0 1.0 Universal To the extent possible under law, XX has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to Test-use-ok. This work is published from Taiwan. <http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0> POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 45: Non-ASCII character seen before =encoding in 'XX'. Assuming UTF-8 perl v5.18.2 2012-09-11 Test::use::ok(3)