Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot Post 302938257 by jgt on Friday 13th of March 2015 03:46:33 PM
Old 03-13-2015
Sorry for the short answer this morning. I was using my phone.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX System V/386, Release 3.2

I was just wondering if there is a way to recursive grep for something in this version of UNIX... so that I don't have to do it a directory at a time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during Sco Unix boot

Hi friends, i am getting the following error while booting my system which has SCo UNIX . ========================= H iinit PANIC: srmountfun-Error 22 mounting of rootdev hd(1/42) cannot dump 40863 pages to dempdev hd(1/41) : Space for only 0 pages. Dump not completed. safe to power off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

4. SCO

sco unix and xp boot loader needed?

hi, i m a newbie and installed sco unix on my machine. Also i installed win-xp. i tried to modify the boot.ini file but it does not give me a choice in the begining. please guide me on this. do we get a boot loader for unix like LILO or GRUB? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 187final
3 Replies

5. SCO

sco unix v/386 boot disk

anyone know where I can download or get a boot disk for sco unix v/386? I have an old PC running sco unix v/386 3.2. I dont have an install or boot disk. I need to reset the root password. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find it anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: format
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix system v release 3.2 (sco-unix?)

another unix printing issue. our client based pc's used to print some form's to our hp printer. as of the moment they can not print. i have checked & did the ff: #lpstat -r (scheduler is running) i dunno if i need to restart the whole unix box via shutdown or just checking at... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
15 Replies

7. SCO

SCO UNIX Won't Boot

Our system is not booting up properly. It keeps going to this screen: Enter Run Level (0-6, s or S): I tried to hit all nos# 0-6 is just goes to hung state. Tried s or S & it brings me to single user mode. I've checked the file systems & found out that all three had 98%. I tried to... (86 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
86 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies

9. SCO

UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot: cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/boot what to do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
1 Replies

10. SCO

Sco UNIX 5.0.6 not boot

hi i have image SCo Unix 5.0.6 and I want transfer on my HP ML350 G5 after Transfer show this message : boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot this hp server used smart array E200i and P400 and sco not recognized HDD tanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
7 Replies
answer(1)						      General Commands Manual							 answer(1)

NAME
answer - phone message transcription system SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The interactive program helps you to transcribe telephone (and other) messages into electronic mail. The program uses your personal alias database and the system alias database, allowing you to use aliases to address the messages. Options supports the following options: Prompt for phone-slip-type message fields. Allow addresses that are not aliases. Operation begins with the prompt. Enter a one-word alias or a two-word user name ("Words" are separated by spaces.) The user name is converted to an alias in the form where f is the first character of the first word, lastword is the second word, and all letters are shifted to lower- case. For example, is converted to the alias Without the option, the specified or converted alias must exist in the alias databases. With the option, if the processed "alias" is not in the alias databases, it is used for the address as is. The fully expanded address is displayed. With the option, you are asked for typical message slip data: Enter the appropriate data. You can put just an or nothing after the pertinent dash prompts, or you can type longer comments. Whatever you enter becomes part of the message. Lines with no added text are omitted from the message. Finally, you are prompted for a message. Enter a message, if any, ending with a blank line. The message is sent and the prompt is repeated. To end the program, enter any one of or at the prompt. EXAMPLES
User input is in normal type. With No Options This example shows a valid alias, an invalid user name, and a valid user name. In the invalid case, the converted alias is displayed in square brackets. With the -u Option If you enter the previous error is treated differently. With the -p Option If you enter the phone-slip prompts are added. The three lines with no added text are deleted from the message. FILES
User alias database data table User alias database directory table User alias database hash table User alias source text System alias database data table System alias database directory table System alias database hash table System alias source text Outbound mail message edit buffer AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
elm(1), newalias(1). answer(1)