Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append data by looking up 2 tables for multiple files Post 302938223 by ritakadm on Friday 13th of March 2015 09:57:46 AM
Old 03-13-2015
Sorry about the confusion.

Round 2

The keys are rid with ttable (tin or col1) , and fid with ftable (fin or col1) ...the issue is we have to detect which columns rid and tid are in the data since, the column numbers are not fixed in the data.

The keys in the lookup tables are always in column 1.

Another example,

ttable (with key in col 1)
Code:
tin,evalue,count2
rty,e8,9
wer,e9,23

ftable (with key in col 1)
Code:
fin,count
sdf,1
fds,2

Input data with key fields rid and fid as col2 and col3 respectively. However in another input rid and fid can be in colx and coly. But they will still be called rid and tid.
So when we read the header line of the input file, we can tell which column is rid and which column is tid.

Code:
mid,rid,fid
1,rty,sdf
2,rty,fds
3,wer,fds

Desired output

Code:
mid,rid,fid,evalue, count2, count
1,rty,sdf,e8,9,1
2,rty,fds,e8,9,2
3,wer,fds,e9,23,2

Please let me know if this makes better sense. Smilie

Last edited by ritakadm; 03-13-2015 at 11:05 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from multiple tables from Oracle DB

Hi , I want to read the data from 9 tables in oracle DB into 9 different files in the same connection instance (session). I am able to get data from one table to one file with below code : X=`sqlplus -s user/pwd@DB <<eof select col1 from table1; EXIT; eof` echo $X>myfile Can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to identify the number of files and to append data

Hi I am having a question where I have to 1) Identify the number of files in a directory with a specific format and if the count is >1 we need to concatenate those two files into one file and remember that in the second file the header should not be copied. it should be form first file.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradkumar
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple files, parse data and append to a file

Hi..Can anyone suggest a simple way of achieving this. I have several files which ends with extension .vcf . I will give example with two files In the below files, we are interested in File 1: 38 107 C 3 T 6 C/T 38 241 C 4 T 5 C/T 38 247 T 4 C 5 T/C 38 259 T 3 C 6 T/C... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple files to load into different tables,

multiple files to load into different tables, I have a script show below, but this script loads data from txt file into a table, but i have multiple input files(xyzload.txt,xyz1load.txt,xyz2load.txt......) in the unix folder , can we load these files in diff tables (table 1, table2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple files to load into different tables

multiple files to load into different tables, I have a script show below, but this script loads data from txt file into a table, but i have multiple input files(xyzload.txt,xyz1load.txt,xyz2load.txt......) in the unix folder , can we load these files in diff tables (table 1, table2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using bash script : How to Import data from a dsv file into multiple tables in mysql

HI I have a dsv file that looks like: <<BOF>> record_number|id_number|first name|last name|msisdn|network|points|card number|gender 312|9101011234011|Test Junior|Smith|071 123 4321|MTN|73|1241551413214444|M 313|9012023213011|Bob|Smith|27743334321|Vodacom|3|1231233232323244|M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tera
4 Replies

9. Programming

Python script to run multiple command and append data in output csv file

Experts, I am writing a script and able to write only small piece of code and not able to collect logic to complete this task. In input file have to look for name like like this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) before sh iss neors. Record this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) in csv file Now have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Export Oracle multiple tables to multiple csv files using UNIX shell scripting

Hello All, just wanted to export multiple tables from oracle sql using unix shell script to csv file and the below code is exporting only the first table. Can you please suggest why? or any better idea? export FILE="/abc/autom/file/geo_JOB.csv" Export= `sqlplus -s dev01/password@dEV3... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
16 Replies
IFX_HTMLTBL_RESULT(3)							 1						     IFX_HTMLTBL_RESULT(3)

ifx_htmltbl_result - Formats all rows of a query into a HTML table

SYNOPSIS
int ifx_htmltbl_result (resource $result_id, [string $html_table_options]) DESCRIPTION
Formats and prints all rows of the $result_id query into a HTML table. PARAMETERS
o $result_id -$result_id is a valid resultid returned by ifx_query(3) or ifx_prepare(3) (select type queries only!). o $html_table_options - This optional argument is a string of <table> tag options. RETURN VALUES
Returns the number of fetched rows, or FALSE on errors. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Informix results as HTML table <?php $rid = ifx_prepare ("select * from emp where name like " . $name, $connid, IFX_SCROLL); if (! $rid) { /* ... error ... */ } $rowcount = ifx_affected_rows ($rid); if ($rowcount > 1000) { printf ("Too many rows in result set (%d) <br />", $rowcount); die ("Please restrict your query<br /> "); } if (! ifx_do($rid)) { /* ... error ... */ } ifx_htmltbl_result ($rid, "border="2""); ifx_free_result($rid); ?> PHP Documentation Group IFX_HTMLTBL_RESULT(3)