Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Redistribution bin required for AIX. j7r164redist.7.1.0.25.bin Post 302938079 by meetpraveens on Wednesday 11th of March 2015 08:09:32 PM
Old 03-11-2015
Thanks for the update MichaelFelt. I did restore the files. But when I did this in the past, the Informatica(ETL product) installation threw lot of issues. What worked for me was the bin files. They put Java at the place that I wanted and did not cause any issues. It was easily portable and helped a lot considering I had to install in over 15 instances.

agent.kgb. The Informatica installation looks for a specific patch set of Java. I wish they shipped that version with their product, but they don't. The root access for installing bff is a nightmare here. It would take me atleast 2 days and bunch of coordination to get that done.

Can I just extract the bff and copy the contents. Would .bin do the same thing or is there something else happening under the covers? Please advice.

Thanks a lot for the input guys.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin ?

Hi All, Can somebody tell me the difference between /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin ? Thanx in advance, Saneesh Joseph (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does my /bin/csh take longer than /bin/perl?

Okay, so I have two "Hello, world!" scripts, "test.pl" and "test.sh". #!/bin/perl -w use strict; print "Hello, world!\n"; #!/bin/csh echo Hello,\ world! When I run test.pl, it runs instantly, always. When I run test.sh, it takes anywhere between 4 and 22 seconds! I'd like to know what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/sh and /bin/ksh problem

we have a shell script that we are using in KSH if ]; then _IFS=$IFS IFS=: and it's failing on /bin/sh . Is there a simple way to modify it to work on both . ( not with awk) Thanks in adv (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser: difference with bin/sh and bin/ksh shell script

Hi, I have a problem I don't understand with fuser. I launch a simple shell script mysleep.sh: I launch the command fuser -fu mysleep.sh but fuser doesn't return anything excepted: mysleep: Then I modify my script switching from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/ksh I launch the command fuser -fu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias /usr/bin to /bin in profile

Hi! All the basic linux commands, ie. echo, find, etc, are located in /bin. I have a couple of programs that have these commands pointed towards /usr/bin, ie, /usr/bin/echo (even though the actual 'echo' command is in /bin). How can I alias or redirect or link the /usr/bin to /bin just for this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dancerat
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

9. Solaris

What is the difference between xpg4/bin and usr/bin?

Hi Experts, I found that the same commands(sort, du, df, find, grep etc.) exists in both dir. What is the difference to use them? i.e: to use xpg4/bin/grep and usr/bin/grep My OS version is SunOS 5.10 Regards, Saps (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of #!/bin/sh vs #!/bin/bash shell scripts?

Some question about the usage of shell scripts: 1.) Are the commands of the base shell scripts a subset of bash commands? 2.) Assume I got a long, long script WITHOUT the first line. How can I find out if the script was originally designed für "sh" or "bash"? 3.) How can I check a given... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
3 Replies
dxlicenses(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     dxlicenses(8)

NAME
dxlicenses - Adds, lists, issues, and deletes software product licenses SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dxlicenses DESCRIPTION
When you buy software, the vendor from which you purchase the software issues an agreement called a license, which gives you authorization to use the product. Most of the information required by the License Manager can be found on the Product Authorization Key (PAK), which is issued by Compaq when you purchase a software license. Use the License Manager application, dxlicenses, to: Add a licensed software product Modify a licensed software product List a licensed software product Issue a modified license product Delete a licensed software product The License Manager application can be invoked from the CDE Application Manager from the following categories: Application Group: System_Admin System Admin Subgroup: Daily Admin In License Manager, online help is available by clicking on any Help button or by using the Help pull-down menu. FILES
The License Manager application executable file The License Manager help volume The Directory containing License Manager application icons The License Manager defaults file that sets the default values for the X resources SEE ALSO
Commands: lmf(8), lmfsetup(8) Software License Management dxlicenses(8)