Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity CompTIA Security+ book for beginner? Post 302938037 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 11th of March 2015 01:03:29 PM
Old 03-11-2015
Book I always recommend is Sytex's CompTIA Security+ Study Guide. Make sure it is the 6th edition for the SYO-401 exam as the eariier Security+ exams are now retired.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix beginner book help

Due to my new job I need to learn Unix to advance in the company and I am mainly a windows and mac user. What is a good book to get me started on the right path and hopefully prevent me from wasting money on several books and weeks of reading. Any response is welcomed thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: windowsux
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Beginner's Book

I am a beginner and have recently started to study unix. I checked some of the posts on this forum just to check if a new member like me can easily be guided and found it very interesting. This seems like a great place where i can get answer to my doubts and questions. I checked the thread for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaal
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

CompTIA Network+ book for beginner?

please i want a name of a CompTIA Network+ book for beginner? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cetu
1 Replies
passlen(3)						     Library Functions Manual							passlen(3)

NAME
passlen - Determines minimum password length (Enhanced Security) LIBRARY
Security Library - libsecurity.so SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/security.h> #include <prot.h> int passlen( time_t life_dur, time_t login_delay, int alphabet_size); PARAMETERS
Specifies the password lifetime duration for an account (in seconds). Specifies the amount of time (in seconds) between login attempts. Specifies the number of distinct characters that can be used in a password. DESCRIPTION
The passlen() function takes the password lifetime duration life_dur for an account and the login_delay between login attempts, both values in seconds, and the alphabet_size of distinct characters, and returns the minimum password length according to the algorithm in the DoD Password Management Guideline (the Green Book). The parameter that specifies the probability of guessing a password is fixed to the value of 1 chance in a million. NOTES
If the life_dur or prob_guess parameters change in the protected password database for this account (or for the system default if those values are used in an account), it is a good idea to invalidate the password in case the new parameters require a longer minimum password length. Programs using this function must be compiled with -lsecurity. delim off RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: randomword(3), exp(3), floor(3). Commands: passwd(1). delim off passlen(3)