Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capturing error codes in SFTP commands Post 302937976 by clx on Wednesday 11th of March 2015 05:23:14 AM
Old 03-11-2015
Try replacing
Code:
/usr/local/bin/expect 2>&1 >> ${Log_File_Name} <<EOF

with
Code:
 /usr/local/bin/expect <<EOF  >> ${Log_File_Name} 2>&1

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return codes from rsh commands...

I have a Korn shell script that executes a number of commands on a remote server. Is it possible to feed in the last exit code of the rsh commands (i.e. something like $?) to a variable within the local shell script? I tried the following: returncode=$(rsh spns31 ".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbouch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capturing commands executed by user

Hello Unix Champs, For keeping audit trail, I want to log the commands entered by the normal users, on their terminal into a text file. I tried putting a "script -a username.timestamp.txt" in the user profile file, but script command stops execution when user types exit or presses CTRL+D... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaven.haria
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit codes in SFTP

HI All, I have created a unix script which takes 2 parameters and using sftp tranfers files to remote location following is the script #!/bin/ksh # # # Parameter 1 is the complete path of the destination server # Parameter 2 is the complete path of the file which is to be FTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikramsnest
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP commands in SFTP

Hi, I am in the process of migrating all my FTP data flows into SFTP to make data more secure... I have used many quote site commands in our FTP sesssion. In SFTP i found that there is no option to do such commands. Does any body here know to overcome the current situation. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astra
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

commands to remote sftp

Hello, Is there a way to use wc, sed or other commands against remote sftp in a regular shell script? wc -c *.* | grep total | sed s/total// ? thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chm0dvii
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any suggestion on Capturing SFTP error in log ???

Hello All, I have searched the thread for capturing and got some suggestion but that is not working for me. I am trying to sftp to a window server from unix server and getting file there with out any issue .But i wan't to capture the error --in case a file is not exist in remote. Example :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jambesh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return code capturing for all commands connected by "|" ...

Hi, While I am using "|" to join multiple commands, I am not getting the return code when there is error in one of the commnads. Eg: b=`find /path/a*.out | xargs basename` if ; then echo "Error" fi if there is error while finding the file or getting the basename, the $? is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp return codes

sftp -v b $putlist $SFTP_ID@TARGET_SERVER How can I get a return code if fails to put the file? sftp -v b $getlist $SFTP_ID@TARGET_SERVER How can I get a return code if fails to put the file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Oracle SQL Error Codes

My issue pertains to earlier posts like exit unix script after sqlerror in procedure - dBforums SQLPLUS Error Capturing | Unix Linux Forums | Shell Programming and Scripting We are executing PL/SQL blocks from shell scripts using SQLPLUS. The error code has to be captured into a logfile that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_rajan
3 Replies
libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)					  libssh2 manual					  libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex - remove an SFTP directory SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> int libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(LIBSSH2_SFTP *sftp, const char *path, unsigned int path_len); DESCRIPTION
Remove a directory from the remote file system. sftp - SFTP instance as returned by libssh2_sftp_init(3) sourcefile - Full path of the existing directory to remove. sourcefile_len - Length of the full path of the existing directory to remove. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_init(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)