Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding timestap to filename using perl Post 302937943 by balajesuri on Tuesday 10th of March 2015 06:40:07 PM
Old 03-10-2015
Sorry about that.. it's the classic problem with representing path (and a quite common rookie mistake :-) ). If you use one backslash in front of a character, it may be interpreted as an escape character. So you need to escape the escape character behaviour by introducing another backslash.. so, the right way to do it would be:

Code:
$filename = "C:\\Users\\christos.rovolis\\Desktop\\perl\\output\\proration_$current_date.txt";

And single quotes are used in perl if you want to mean the literal sense of a string. Something like WYSIWYG in a variable. So $current_date will be exactly represented as $current_date inside a single quote. To interpret variables inside a string, use double quotes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to adding the filename into file contents

Dear Experts, Please help to teach me how to add the filename into the file content so that i can get the output below:- Actually the file name ***************New output that I want*************** =====2005-11-12===== EVENTS-20050912 03:33:37 ALARM: BTSSPAN-277-1 30-18013... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: missutoomuch
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding filename into file content

Dear Experts, Please help to teach me how to add the filename into the file content. Actually the file name are EVENTS-20050912. ***************New output that I want*************** EVENTS-20050912 03:33:37 ALARM: BTSSPAN-277-1 30-18013 EVENTS-20050912 12:10:28 ALARM: BTSSPAN-297-2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: missutoomuch
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabing Date from filename and adding to the end of each line in the file.

Hi, I have 24 .dat files something like below. The file name starts with “abc” followed by two digit month and two digit year. Is there a way to grab the month and year from each filename and append it to the end of each line. Once this is done I want to combine all the files into file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the filename by adding up 1 each time, tricky one

:confused: Hi, I posted here before for adding up of datafile name each time, here is an example: #!/bin/bash cutdfname="data11.dbf" newname=$(echo "${cutdfname}" |tr "" "" |tr "#_@-" "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" |tr -s "x") num=$(echo $newname |cut -d"." -f1|awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Date & time stamps to filename

I need to edit the file name with date and time while writing the script. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish.s
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with adding leading zeros to a filename

Hi i need help in adding leading zero to filenames e.g file name in my folder are 1_234sd.txt 23_234sd.txt the output i need is 001_234sd.txt 023_234sd.txt can i do this shell scripting please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsmpk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding filename to each line of the file

Hi, I am a relative new bee in scripting. I need to develop a script such that the code would iterate through each file in a source directory and append every line of the file with '|' and the corresponding file filename. eg INPUT file IF927_1.dat - H|abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripting_newbe
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Filename as column using sed

Hi , Can any one please tell me, how can we add the file name as column using sed. right now we are using the below awk command for adding the file name as column but when we are calling this script from datastage it is deleting the file data..very weird raised a support ticket with datastage.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mora
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Previous Month To Filename

Dear experts, I'm using solaris 5.10 and bash. I want to zip file "Amount.txt" to "Amount.zip" and rename it to "Amount_<prev_month>_<this year>.zip". For example, file for this month should be renamed to "Amount_06_2012.zip", for next month it should be "Amount_07_2012.zip". I have no problem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris.adrianto
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put dot in timestap?

I have a string: Code time=20170303122334 I need the result: 20170303.122334 I did: CODE: ttdotss=`echo ${time} |sed 's\(.|{8\}\)/|1 /g'` Result sed: Function s\(.|{8\}\)/|1 /g cannot be parsed. Could you please help me to resolve this issue? Thanks for contribution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
MODINFO(8)																MODINFO(8)

NAME
modinfo - program to show information about a Linux Kernel module SYNOPSIS
modinfo [ -0 ] [ -F field ] [ -k kernel ] [ modulename|filename... ] modinfo -V modinfo -h DESCRIPTION
modinfo extracts information from the Linux Kernel modules given on the command line. If the module name is not a filename, then the /lib/modules/version directory is searched, as is also done by modprobe(8) when loading kernel modules. modinfo by default lists each attribute of the module in form fieldname : value, for easy reading. The filename is listed the same way (although it's not really an attribute). This version of modinfo can understand modules of any Linux Kernel architecture. OPTIONS
-V --version Print the modinfo version. -F --field Only print this field value, one per line. This is most useful for scripts. Field names are case-insenitive. Common fields (which may not be in every module) include author, description, license, parm, depends, and alias. There are often multiple parm, alias and depends fields. The special field filename lists the filename of the module. -k kernel Provide information about a kernel other than the running one. This is particularly useful for distributions needing to extract information from a newly installed (but not yet running) set of kernel modules. For example, you wish to find which firmware files are needed by various modules in a new kernel for which you must make an initrd/initramfs image prior to booting. -0 --null Use the ASCII zero character to separate field values, instead of a new line. This is useful for scripts, since a new line can theo- retically appear inside a field. -a -d -l -p -n These are shortcuts for author, description, license. parm and filename respectively, to ease the transition from the old modutils modinfo. COPYRIGHT
This manual page originally Copyright 2003, Rusty Russell, IBM Corporation. Maintained by Jon Masters and others. SEE ALSO
modprobe(8) 2010-03-01 MODINFO(8)