Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Location and name of SYSLOG in SUSE Linux Post 302937916 by JDBA on Wednesday 11th of March 2015 03:09:50 PM
Old 03-11-2015
In /etc/auditd.conf script
  1. Does this option 'space_left_action = SYSLOG' send log messages to SYSLOG?

2. Does this option 'space_left_action = EMAIL' send log messages to SYSLOG and email accounts specified?
Thanks,

---------- Post updated at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:56 PM ----------

I think I got the answers for these 2 questions.

---------- Post updated 03-11-15 at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous update was 03-10-15 at 03:09 PM ----------

When I restarted auditd I get a message saying 'exit status of parent...' as below. I expected to see 'Starting auditd' only. Is this normal?
Thanks,

Code:
 XXXXX:/#/etc/init.d/auditd restart

Shutting down auditd
 Starting auditd startproc; exit status of parent of /sbin/auditd: 6

---------- Post updated at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:19 PM ----------

Found the answer.

Last edited by rbatte1; 03-11-2015 at 03:02 PM..

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suse linux 6.4-8.1

i need some help from somone familiar with suse linux. i am wanting to update my suse linux 6.4 box to suse linux 8.1. i am trying to do it with yast. and i want to do it via ftp. now, to do this the first thing i need to do is change my source media settings in yast, right now it is the cdrom.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
3 Replies

2. SuSE

Suse LINUX

What is the equivalent of sun explorer in suse linux? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. Linux

SUSE Linux

i'm new linux ... after reboot ...... my keyboard is notworking automatically boot ..... after few mins Waiting for mandatory devices: eth-id-00:10:a7:08:cb:4b 12 11 9 8 7 5 4 3 1 0 eth0 interface could not be set up failed Setting up service network . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies
AUDISP-REMOTE:(8)					  System Administration Utilities					 AUDISP-REMOTE:(8)

NAME
audisp-remote - plugin for remote logging SYNOPSIS
audisp-remote DESCRIPTION
audisp-remote is a plugin for the audit event dispatcher daemon, audispd, that preforms remote logging to an aggregate logging server. TIPS
If you are aggregating multiple machines, you should enable node information in the audit event stream. You can do this in one of two places. If you want computer node names written to disk as well as sent in the realtime event stream, edit the name_format option in /etc/audit/auditd.conf. If you only want the node names in the realtime event stream, then edit the name_format option in /etc/audisp/aud- ispd.conf. Do not enable both as it will put 2 node fields in the event stream. FILES
/etc/audisp/plugins.d/au-remote.conf, /etc/audit/auditd.conf, /etc/audisp/audispd.conf, /etc/audisp/audisp-remote.conf SEE ALSO
audispd(8), auditd.conf(8), audispd.conf(8), audisp-remote.conf(5). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Mar 2008 AUDISP-REMOTE:(8)