Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wpar network,i'm confused
Operating Systems AIX Wpar network,i'm confused Post 302937884 by Linusolaradm1 on Tuesday 10th of March 2015 11:14:39 AM
Old 03-10-2015
Of course i have enabled ip forwarding on aix box
But doesn't work
Work only with the same netmask and subnet of real router

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Woes!! Please help! :confused:

Hello, We have an old Axil running SunOS Release 5.5.1. Recently, we updated our network, so the gateway and domain changed. Our network admin forgot (or didn't know) that we had this machine on the network, so it quietly lost its mind. Now we are trying to add it back to the network. He... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbig1492
5 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

snmpget not working on AIX shared wpar

Hi, I have a shared AIX wpar configured. I have started snmpd process on shared AIX wpar. But when i tried to query a MIB id using the following command /opt/OV/bin/snmpget -d -v 1 -c public -p <hostname> .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.7.0 i get the following error message #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avazeer
0 Replies

3. AIX

Unexpected Behaviour with WPAR

Hello, We have a system running AIX 6.1.7.1. We have created a Workload Partition(wpar) on this system with wpar specific routing enabled. On wpar, we are running DNS (UDP/53) and syslog (UDP/514). en0: 1.1.1.1/255.255.255.0 NOT assigned to any wpar en1:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 03sep2011
0 Replies

4. AIX

Virtualization: WPAR vs LPAR

seems to be WPAR is quite easy to set up..without additional licenses.. If I don't need Linux and all my legacy and new apps are happy in AIX 7.1 (the latest OS), I could save all troubles and use WPAR. Can someone comment on this ?? One copy of OS to maintain, so to speak.. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

WPAR monitoring shell script suggestions needed

Hi All, This is for WPAR monitoring shell script, earlier opened thread was closed, had to open a new thread, as suggested I have used script as below, But am trying to get the output in below format, need suggestions with it. Below is the lswpar output, required output format. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LPAR,DLPAR and WPAR

Can anyone please let know difference between LPAR/DLPAR/WPAR. and its purpose ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavithran
3 Replies

7. AIX

Versioned WPAR's

Hi everybody. is anyone using versioned WPAR's? Has anyone clustered them with PowerHA? Please share your experience. Regards, firefox (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox111
7 Replies

8. AIX

How to Load a CICS IPC Kernel Extension in a versioned "rootvg" WPAR ?

Anyone running CICS TX in a WPAR ? In my attempts to run CICS TX 5.1.0.1 in a WPAR..... CICS fails to start due to unable to load a CICS IPC Kernel Extension. The Kernel Extension is 64 bit (so not a 32 vs 64 bit issue). Base system/LPAR is Power8 and AIX 7.1 TL3 SP5. WPAR is versioned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
4 Replies

9. AIX

No iscsi available in newly created AIX wpar

AIX 7.1 New to WPAR, hopefully just missing something simple here. Creating the WPAR like this..... (The box where the WPAR is hosted does have an iscsi protocol device) mkwpar -h wpar08 -l -n wpar08 -N interface=en0 address=xxx.xx.xx.xxx netmask=255.255.255.0 -D devname=/dev/iscsi0 -D... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomR
0 Replies

10. AIX

Error doing clogin into a wpar

I have this error when I'm trying to do clogin from AIX 7200-00-00-0000 into a wpar with AIX 5.2 abanksPaDesa2:/> clogin AbanksBDPA_wpar exec: A file or directory in the path name does not exist somebody can help me to fix this? I'm restoring the wpar from wpar mksysb not a mksysb from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandra25350
2 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					     NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)