Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX System can't boot up after power outage Post 302937846 by MichaelFelt on Tuesday 10th of March 2015 02:54:17 AM
Old 03-10-2015
A bit of Google gives this link: IBM Flex System

In short, there is a power failure - which you stated. However, they may still be a missing powerlink inside and/or your powersupply is not working properly.

Go to the link and see if there are other hints re: this series of codes.

As it has a service processor I would look at that interface. The difficulty will be the 40-bit https encryption for the web-interface.

A very different model POWER5 - but I wrote up some of my first demos that may help you with the ASMI (Advanced Systems Management Interface) if you have never used it before.

Assuming you have never used (connected an IP cable) to the service processor ports they have IP address 192.168.2.147 and 192.168.3.147 (Power6 changed to 169.254.2.147 and 169.254.3.147). If you have connected them, and you have a DHCP server, they will have taken an address from the DHCP server.

Because it is POWER5 - to access the web interface you will need an old browser. I am still using FF17 because of this (People seem to not understand that while having so-called low-encryption is a potential risk to security in a 'global/hostile' - not having it at all is a definite security breach (of availability) in a closed environment.)

Anyway, I hope with the IP addresses - and this link ROOTVG - AIX, LinuxOnPower & POWER Systems Portal - POWER: Movies to my initial movies (I do not speak, so nothing wrong with your speaker) you will be able to make some forward motion.

From memory - the default user/password for ASMI is admin/admin.

Hope this helps!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot fails after power faliure

Hi, i was installing solaris 8 on sunfire v250 and the power fails :mad: , now it does not boot from cd rom and get the next msg: ð Sun Fire V120 (UltraSPARC-IIe 648MHz), No Keyboard OpenBoot 4.0, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #56338483. Ethernet address 0:3:ba:5b:a8:33, Host ID: 835ba833. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agustincm
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Booting up problem after power outage

hi guys, i'm new so don't bite too hard. having a problem booting up a V210 running sol9 on after a power outage... an init5 was done but not a init0 before the power cut... so now when booting up it gives the ff: SC Alert: Host System has Reset Probing system devices Probing memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lungsta
2 Replies

3. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX does not boot after power on

We have a RS6000, model B50, type 7046, where I installed AIX 4.3.3 But, if the power goes off, the operating system does not restart, and I have to go there and push the button to start AIX again. Is there any way this procedure to be avoided, this is, I want the AIX to start automatically... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebastia.net
9 Replies

5. AIX

Role of sys admin during power outage in Data center

i am new to aix environment and all my servers are @ remote location just curious to know , what issues/tasks we will be facing when there is a power outage in a data centre, i heard outage's will be a challenging task for administrators.. any example of that sort will be a great help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rigin
2 Replies

6. Linux

Administrator responsibilities, in case of power outage?

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could share some of your knowledge, in the event of a power outage. Let presume you are on duty and you get a call at midnight because half of your cabinets have no power, air conditioning is down and you deal with a ton of 500 error messages on your boxes. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
9 Replies

7. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Configure Power Settings on Boot

Hi all, this is my first question on this forum, so if it isn't in the correct location, please let me know where to post. We are using Solaris 8 and with the power setting enabled the monitor will not wake up. It can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes for the monitor to display. One of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wrongway
3 Replies

9. AIX

Automatic Server bootup after power outage?

Hi everyone, We had a power outage few days ago, and I got the servers up and running but I was informed to look into, if there is a way to bring up the servers automatically/defaultly. I was told the windows admin has their server set up where the servers are up automatically if there is a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
11 Replies

10. AIX

IBM Power 740 won't boot after firmware update

A team member installed the wrong version of License Code on a Power 740 system used in our Development environment. The system will no longer boot. Does anyone have IBM documentation or experience to share on recovering a system that currently reports "Unsupported License Code version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinedailey
1 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)