Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed - issue in replacing >
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed - issue in replacing > Post 302937838 by ajmani on Monday 9th of March 2015 10:59:04 PM
Old 03-09-2015
Thanks for looking into this .
I am working on a solaris OS. I do know that the slash in my file are used interchangeably , but they are not mistakes , as I have found them in couple of files existing on my system .
As far as the parameterization of directory is concerned, the parameter is a process variable and will not be set in scripts individually, and I am trying to achieve all this using a k shell script.
I hope that answers your questions, please let me know incase additional info is needed.

thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing in SED

I want to change the false in Node 1 to true. How do I do that? <Node1> <Usage>false</Usage> <Url>ABC</Url> </Node1> <Node2> <Usage>false</Usage> <Url>DEF<Url> </Node2> (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing using sed

its again sed question. i have line - sed "s/$old/$new/g" "$f" > $TFILE && mv $TFILE "$f" working well if old="myoldfile" new="mynewfile" but if i want old="/home/shailesh/1test/" new="/home/shailesh/workspace/" it gives error like sed: -e expression #1, char 9: unknown option to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shailesh_arya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: replacing

Hello, I was looking around, but could not find the answer, so I hope you ppl can help me. I want simply to replace text.:rolleyes: I found out SED would be good for this task.:b: So I tried: :confused: 1.) find text in a line and replace this particular line: for finding... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown7
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing ' with '' using sed

Hi, I have a text file and I would like to replace all occurrences of single quote ' with two consecutive single quotes '' . I have tried sed s/\'/\'\'/ < Folder/outputFile.txt > Folder/otherFile.txt but this replaces only the first occurrence of ' with ''. I want it to replace all the single... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed inside sed for replacing string

My need is : Want to change docBase="/something/something/something" to docBase="/only/this/path/for/all/files" I have some (about 250 files)xml files. In FileOne it contains <Context path="/PPP" displayName="PPP" docBase="/home/me/documents" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with SED for replacing an IP

I need some advice to replace 10.183.x.x with 10.174.17.55 in a file containing multiple 10.183.x.x. Any help would be highly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing by sed

hi my input file has got >,,,, or >, or >,,,,,, there are independent number of commas after >.... i want the o/p as > only that is just to remove "," after">" another is: i want to replace the last line of the file and to replace it by "hello"...how to do?... any nice script plz help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing using sed

hi Guys, I have a rar file which consists of 10 files. each file has a space in its file name. how can i replace all spaces with _ i can replace them using sed but the thing is i need to replace using a script and not command. can anyone help me out??:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshb6
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not replacing

Data not replacing using sed,please check below. Replace_value=$$dbconn_target Search_value=$$dbcon_source   sed -e s/\${Search_value}/\${Replace_value}/g intrepid_sps_val.parm (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not replacing using sed

Hi all, I am trying to change the below word. but the changes is not reflecting in the new file sed -n 's/apple/orange/' filename ---------- Post updated at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:41 AM ---------- I tried this it works perl -pi.bak -e... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
9 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)