Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Location and name of SYSLOG in SUSE Linux Post 302937825 by cjcox on Monday 9th of March 2015 05:59:21 PM
Old 03-09-2015
On newer SUSE and openSUSE systems, they use systemd. You can install rsyslog and get a /var/log/messages file (for example) and/or the ability to send logs to a remote syslogger, etc...

It's one of the bigger gripes against systemd. It uses its own binary database to house logs. So normally you run a command, journalctl, (if you don't have rsyslog installed) to see the logs.
This User Gave Thanks to cjcox For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suse linux 6.4-8.1

i need some help from somone familiar with suse linux. i am wanting to update my suse linux 6.4 box to suse linux 8.1. i am trying to do it with yast. and i want to do it via ftp. now, to do this the first thing i need to do is change my source media settings in yast, right now it is the cdrom.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
3 Replies

2. SuSE

Suse LINUX

What is the equivalent of sun explorer in suse linux? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. Linux

SUSE Linux

i'm new linux ... after reboot ...... my keyboard is notworking automatically boot ..... after few mins Waiting for mandatory devices: eth-id-00:10:a7:08:cb:4b 12 11 9 8 7 5 4 3 1 0 eth0 interface could not be set up failed Setting up service network . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies