Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Osx terminal
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Osx terminal Post 302937805 by xbin on Monday 9th of March 2015 01:54:02 PM
Old 03-09-2015
I'm going to suggest that you start by editing your post. You should use proper capitalization and punctuation. Write your requests in complete sentences and check your grammar.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash and #1bin/sh command not found error on mac osx terminal/shell script

i am having a weird error on mac os x running some shell scripts. i am a complete newbie at this and this question concerns 2 scripts. one of which a friend of mine wrote (videochecker.sh) a couple weeks ago and it's been running fine on another machine. then last week i wrote capture.sh and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
2 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Changing OSX Terminal Man Page Colors

For a long time, when I type man anything on my Mac, both the manpage header fonts and the background was black, so I had to use my mouse to highlight the manpage output to read it. It was really annoying. The problem was the same both locally or using the terminal and going ssh somewhere. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help: Add email users in OSX terminal

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post. I am a VERY basic user here and have been tasked with adding a user to our email system -- we use a squirrelmail interface and I have root passwords etc. I tried logging in through a browser but get this error: ERROR: Connection dropped... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dperro01
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Help: Add email users in OSX terminal

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post. I am a VERY basic user here and have been tasked with adding a user to our email system -- we use a squirrelmail interface and I have root passwords etc. I tried logging in through a browser but get this error: ERROR: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dperro01
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

How to prompt for login on OSX when starting Terminal

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to log back in to unix after logging out. I have a MBPro. If I don't have the window close after exiting, then there is the phrase 'process completed' in brackets with a blinking cursor, but I can't type anything in. Is it also possible to start the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

help with some basic osx terminal commands. fixing permissions on NAS share

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm computer literate but by no means an expert! I'm simply trying to recover data from my DLink DNS343 NAS mounted on my X86 iMac using SMB. Somehow, in moving to a new computer, I have lost access to some files on the NAS. Just some files are access denied. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quantaa
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

How to access a NTFS partition on hard drive through Terminal in OSX ?

Hi , I have a Mac OS X Lion mac book pro. I have a hard drive which I have partitioned in two (a) OSX Partition - Mac OS Extended Journaled format. Mount point: / (b) Data Partition - Windows NT Filesystem format. Mount point: /Volumes/Data I need to access the NTFS partition (I have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal emulation OSX Vs. Solaris 11

I am using Terminal on an OSX system to access and edit crontab files on a 'headless' Solaris 11 server. Crontab -e on OSX invokes vi as the editor, which is fine, but I am getting unexpected characters on keystrokes and have to abort the edit. If this is an emulation issue, would someone please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmokeyJoe
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

A new OSX 10.12.x terminal from the command line.

Hi guys and gals... After much searching on the good ol' internet I could find nothing, so this is the result. ALthough many people seem to have asked this question no-one seems to have a solution so here we go. I need for AudioScope.sh, 'xterm' to run a second program for some of its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

A means of clearing the scroll buffer in an OSX Terminal.

I was looking for a method of clearing the buffer of the vertical scroll back slider and came across this little Terminal escape snippet I had never seen before: printf "%b" "\033 SO... printf "%b" "\033c\033 Performs a terminal reset, buffer clearance, clear the window, set back to default... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
MKZFTREE(1)							  H. Peter Anvin						       MKZFTREE(1)

NAME
mkzftree - Create a zisofs/RockRidge compressed file tree SYNOPSIS
mkzftree [OPTIONS]... INPUT OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
Takes an input file tree (INPUT) and create a corresponding compressed file tree (OUTPUT) that can be used with an appropriately patched mkisofs(8) to create a transparent-compression ISO 9660/Rock Ridge filesystem using the "ZF" compression records. OPTIONS
-f, --force Always compress all files, even if they get larger when compressed. -z level, --level level Select compression level (1-9, default is 9). Lower compression levels are faster, but typically result in larger output. -u, --uncompress Uncompress an already compressed tree. This can be used to read a compressed filesystem on a system which cannot read them natively. -p parallelism, --parallelism parallelism Compress in parallel. The parallelism value indicates how many compression threads are allowed to run. -x, --one-filesystem Do not cross filesystem boundaries, but create directory stubs at mount points. -X, --strict-one-filesystem Do not cross filesystem boundaries, and do not create directory stubs at mount points. -C path, --crib-path path Steal ("crib") files from another directory if it looks (based on name, size, type and modification time) like they match entries in the new filesystem. The "crib tree" is usually the compressed version of an older version of the same workload; this thus allows for "incremental rebuilds" of a compressed filesystem tree. The files are hardlinked from the crib tree to the output tree, so if it is desirable to keep the link count correct the crib path should be deleted before running mkisofs. The crib tree must be on the same filesystem as the output tree. -l, --local Do not recurse into subdirectories, but create the directories themselves. -L, --strict-local Do not recurse into subdirectories, and do not create directories. -F, --file Indicates that INPUT may not necessarily be a directory; this allows operation on a single file. Note especially that if -F is specified, and INPUT is a symlink, the symlink itself will be copied rather than whatever it happens to point to. -s, --sloppy Treat file modes, times and ownership data as less than precious information and don't abort if they cannot be set. This may be useful if running mkisofs on an input tree you do not own. -v, --verbose Increase the program verbosity. -V value, --verbosity value Set the program verbosity to value. -q, --quiet Issue no messages whatsoever, including error messages. This is the same as specifying -V 0. -h, --help Display a brief help message. -w, --version Display the release version. BUGS
Long options (beginning with --) may not work on all systems. See the message printed out by mkzftree -h to see if this applies to your system. Inode change times (ctimes) are not copied. This is a system limitation and applies to all file copy programs. If using the parallel option (-z) the access times (atimes) on directories may or may not be copied. If it is important that the atimes on directories are copied exactly, avoid using -z. AUTHOR
Written by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2002 H. Peter Anvin. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
mkisofs(8) zisofs-tools 30 July 2001 MKZFTREE(1)