Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Search file and print everything except multiple search terms Post 302937802 by RudiC on Monday 9th of March 2015 01:20:47 PM
Old 03-09-2015
Is it just the four patterns "test", "comp", "des", and "site" that need to be matched, or any combination of up to four lower case letters?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a large file with a list of terms in another file

Hi- I am trying to search a large file with a number of different search terms that are listed one per line in 3 different files. Most importantly I need to be able to do a case insensitive search. I have tried just using egrep -f but it doesn't seam to be able to handle the -i option when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dougzilla
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Multiple search patterns & print in an one liner

I would like to print result of multiple search pattern invoked from an one liner. The code looks like this but won't work gawk -F '{{if ($0 ~ /pattern1/) pat1=$1 && if ($0 ~ /pattern2/) pat2=$2} ; print pat1, pat2}' Can anybody help getting the right code? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and print a certain number in a file

Hi, I have a file that contains strings and numbers. I want to search for a particular string and then print out the numbers next to this string. For example the file looks like in the file I want to search for the line AFUE 0. AOXI 0. VFUE 600. VOXI 1573.241 TFUE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple search terms with context

I have a file that is a sort library in the format: ##def title1 content1 stuff1 content2 stuff2 ##enddef ##def title2 etc.. I want to grep def and content and pull some trailing context from content so the result would look something like: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Moe.Wilensky
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two search strings and print the value

Based on the forums i have tried with grep command but i am unable to get the required output. search this value /*------ If that is found then search for temp_vul and print and also search until /*------- and print new_vul Input file contains: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep? - using a file of terms to search another file when the information is on a different line

I have a flat file that looks like this, let's call it Chromosome_9.txt: FT /Gene_Name="Guanyl-Acetylase 9" FT /Gene_Number"36952" FT /Gene_Name="Endoplasmic Luciferase" FT /Gene_Number"36953" FT ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists

Hi, I am Searching for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists. the below is the format: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ID: FIRST ID MESSAGE: Event Message... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxuser999
5 Replies
Class::DBI::Search::Basic(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Class::DBI::Search::Basic(3pm)

NAME
Class::DBI::Search::Basic - Simple Class::DBI search SYNOPSIS
my $searcher = Class::DBI::Search::Basic->new( $cdbi_class, @search_args ); my @results = $searcher->run_search; # Over in your Class::DBI subclass: __PACKAGE__->add_searcher( search => "Class::DBI::Search::Basic", isearch => "Class::DBI::Search::Plugin::CaseInsensitive", ); DESCRIPTION
This is the start of a pluggable Search infrastructure for Class::DBI. At the minute Class::DBI::Search::Basic doubles up as both the default search within Class::DBI as well as the search base class. We will probably need to tease this apart more later and create an abstract base class for search plugins. METHODS
new my $searcher = Class::DBI::Search::Basic->new( $cdbi_class, @search_args ); A Searcher is created with the class to which the results will belong, and the arguments passed to the search call by the user. opt if (my $order = $self->opt('order_by')) { ... } The arguments passed to search may contain an options hash. This will return the value of a given option. run_search my @results = $searcher->run_search; my $iterator = $searcher->run_search; Actually run the search. SUBCLASSING
sql / bind / fragment The actual mechanics of generating the SQL and executing it split up into a variety of methods for you to override. run_search() is implemented as: return $cdbi->sth_to_objects($self->sql, $self->bind); Where sql() is $cdbi->sql_Retrieve($self->fragment); There are also a variety of private methods underneath this that could be overridden in a pinch, but if you need to do this I'd rather you let me know so that I can make them public, or at least so that I don't remove them from under your feet. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-10 Class::DBI::Search::Basic(3pm)