Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape Drive Detail
Operating Systems Solaris Tape Drive Detail Post 302937789 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 9th of March 2015 12:15:52 PM
Old 03-09-2015

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape drive install

I'm trying to install a tape drive on a compaq SCO OS 505. well I have gone through the mkdev tape comands and what have you yet no luck. when I reboot and do a simple tape rewind it gives me an error no such device etc.etc. IS there a diference in the xct0 and rct0 a the default? help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scsi tape drive.

I'm running SCO OS 505 on a Compaq proliant 1600, and my tape drive will just not work. It was working properly and whent to Sh?ts when I tried to get the cd rom working. I have uninstalled any configured tape drive and rebooted and then configured a tape drive and rebooted still nothing. I'm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tape Drive error

I have a hp d 350 running on 10.2,im having a problem with the dds2 tape drive whenever i tried backing up larger files...i have remove the tape driver and add it using sam again but still the tape drive is not working .....is there a solution to this problem? # tar cvf /dev/rmt/0m priso.ds a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giriplug
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

5. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quantum tape drive

Hi, Using Redhat 5.7. I have Quantum tape drive connected to the server. I am trying to install the Netbackup software. Just wondering how can I see the Quantum is connected to the server. is any command I run to see the tape drive is connected? I used to work on Solaris, I used to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)