Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Need help with automount.. is not working!! Post 302937784 by bkilaru on Monday 9th of March 2015 11:27:37 AM
Old 03-09-2015
Could this be the issue?...I dont see the "sudoers: files ldap" in nsswitch.conf?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automount

I install an external disk on my sun solaris 8 this went fine and I was able to access all filesystem on the disk. the new disk is mounted on /local then 6 hours later files under /local/files was 1 byte in size at the same time I received the following error message in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automount

My site has a few sun solaris server including out NIS server and NFS server on solaris machines. we also have few suse linux and redhat linux machine. All our home directory is on our NFS server(sun Solaris) and this is automounted through /etc/auto_master and /etc/auto_home this worked fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoMount

Hi All How do I do a auto mount to a directory in a different unix server. I am using Solaris. Please advise!! TIA Jana (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
7 Replies

4. Solaris

CD automount does not work

Hello, I have a SUN Solaris 9 machine (Sun-Fire-V490). I put a DVD in the reader to install a software. The automount procedure did not work (vold is running) : I have nothing under /cdrom When I try "eject" command I have the answer "No default media available" When I try to mount manually the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automount script

I'm attempting to take an fstab that looks something like this: /proc /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /sys /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/shm /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/pts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Automount in Solaris 10

Hi friends I'm a newbie trying to automount a nfs shared directory. Below is the configuration I'm using FreeBSD machine as NFS server. IP Address - 192.168.1.60 # cat /etc/exports /shared 192.168.1.50 Solaris 10 as NFS client. IP Address - 192.168.1.50 # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajj
1 Replies

7. AIX

Help on Unconfiguring Automount

Hi All, Please help. I need an advise on how to Unconfigure automount please. Many Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
2 Replies

8. Linux

Automount problem

Hi, Please give step by step how to do automount in linux Thanks, Mani (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
9 Replies

9. AIX

AutoMount in AIX

Hi Admins, I am new to AIX, pls help me on my below doubts 1) I have received below alerts Orange : PORTAL detected Filesystem (/nfs/sources) is 92.07% Utilized Here Orange is server name. When i did df -k in orange i do not see /nfs/sources filesystem in output. Doubts 1) how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Automount through Autofs

I am trying to automount one of my NFS share to my client machine but it is not mounting here is the scenario : My server machine ip : 192.168.1.100 My client machine ip is : 192.168.1.102 on client machine i have configured the /etc/auto.master file : /share(My mount point) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies
NSS-SYSTEMD(8)							    nss-systemd 						    NSS-SYSTEMD(8)

NAME
nss-systemd, libnss_systemd.so.2 - Provide UNIX user and group name resolution for dynamic users and groups. SYNOPSIS
libnss_systemd.so.2 DESCRIPTION
nss-systemd is a plug-in module for the GNU Name Service Switch (NSS) functionality of the GNU C Library (glibc), providing UNIX user and group name resolution for dynamic users and groups allocated through the DynamicUser= option in systemd unit files. See systemd.exec(5) for details on this option. This module also ensures that the root and nobody users and groups (i.e. the users/groups with the UIDs/GIDs 0 and 65534) remain resolvable at all times, even if they aren't listed in /etc/passwd or /etc/group, or if these files are missing. To activate the NSS module, add "systemd" to the lines starting with "passwd:" and "group:" in /etc/nsswitch.conf. It is recommended to place "systemd" after the "files" or "compat" entry of the /etc/nsswitch.conf lines so that /etc/passwd and /etc/group based mappings take precedence. EXAMPLE
Here is an example /etc/nsswitch.conf file that enables nss-systemd correctly: passwd: compat mymachines systemd group: compat mymachines systemd shadow: compat hosts: files mymachines resolve [!UNAVAIL=return] dns myhostname networks: files protocols: db files services: db files ethers: db files rpc: db files netgroup: nis SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.exec(5), nss-resolve(8), nss-myhostname(8), nss-mymachines(8), nsswitch.conf(5), getent(1) systemd 237 NSS-SYSTEMD(8)