Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Debug3 messages throw in my terminal Post 302937776 by Walter Misar on Monday 9th of March 2015 10:36:19 AM
Old 03-09-2015
This looks a lot like debug messages from ssh - those that appear if a few -v options are given upon connection.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending messages through terminal

whats the cmd to send messages using terminal to another computer on our network? We are running SOlaris CDE (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: korupt
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop throw perl regexp selection

hello all i have string that i need to parse something list that : <form name="CustomerStatus" action="<% env.GetURI %>" method="post"<$if(blah)%> name="<% env.get("StatusList") %>" ><% hello %><input type="hidden" name="<% env.get("Operation") %>" value=""> now im selecting the the string... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find accessed file in past 1 or 2 minutes, and throw mail.

Can Anyone tell me how to write the Script to "find file(s) in a directory that is being accessed in last 5 minutes, and if there is result of that find, then throw the mail ". Means throw the mail to a person regarding whoever and whenever a file is accessed in a directory. ASAP. Thnks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

throw a generic message upon error

hi all, in ksh, is there a way to throw a generic error message. i have lots of commands in my script and i didnt want to put if ; then doStuff(); else print "an error occured, please run script again"; fi around all the commands used. is there a way detect a command has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if a file is empty throw an error

I want to count the number of lines in a file and store it in a variable if this count is zero i hv to throw an error ...is this syntax correct , but i am not getting the desired result I am not using -s option here as i am concerned about record count not the size #!/bin/ksh set $count1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Command in the script throw error

Hi I have script that is developed to serch for 30 days old Directory & Files and then remove them ... when i run it successfully removes the Directory & files & but it throw errors on the screen .. .. + find . -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} ; + exit please help me ?? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search line with more than two dots if so throw error

Hi, I have a requirement like i have to search a script and find names that conatins more than two dots, if so then throw error. For ex: a1.b1.comname here i have to find comname and check two dots. it will not throw error a1.b1.c1.comname here it contains more than 2dots it will throw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swagat123
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Throw my Toys out of the Pram!

Hi Folks, Today hasn't been the best one of my career in IT. I've been a contractor for a major utility company for a number of years, on a number of seperate IT contracts mostly Unix. The company had 10 different flavours of unix and multiple different varsions of most of them. At the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
3 Replies

9. Programming

C++ - 'try, throw, catch' compare to regular C-style 'if' - advantages?

(I have long gap to communicate with C++ and do not recall if I have used 'try-catch' at all; so, looking for advice...) I am trying to understand what the benefits of using that C++ error handling style compare to regular C-style 'if-then'? Still in the try{} block need to do some 'if()' to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies
ul(1)							      General Commands Manual							     ul(1)

Name
       ul - process underscores for terminal

Syntax
       ul [-i] [-t terminal] [name...]

Description
       The  command  reads  the  named files (or standard input if none are given) and translates occurrences of underscores to the sequence which
       indicates underlining for the terminal in use, as specified by the environment variable TERM.  The -t option overrides  the  terminal  kind
       specified  in  the  environment.  The file /etc/termcap is read to determine the appropriate sequences for underlining.	If the terminal is
       incapable of underlining, but is capable of a standout mode then that is used instead.  If the terminal can overstrike, or  handles  under-
       lining automatically, degenerates to If the terminal cannot underline, underlining is ignored.

The  -i option causes to indicate underlining by a separate line containing appropriate dashes `-'; this is useful when you want to look at
       the underlining which is present in an output stream on a crt-terminal.

Options
       -i Displays underscoring on separate line containing appropriate dashes (-).

-t terminal
	  Uses type of specified terminal in place your terminal's type.

Restrictions
       The command usually outputs a series of backspaces and underlines intermixed with the text to indicate underlining.  No attempt is made	to
       optimize the backward motion.

See Also
       man(1), nroff(1), colcrt(1)

ul(1)