Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed command issue in script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command issue in script Post 302937773 by clx on Monday 9th of March 2015 10:12:51 AM
Old 03-09-2015
Confused with your update. Is it working or not?
If not, what error are you getting?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sed Command

Hello , I am trying to replace a word :: complete to Failed . work: complete Sed command which i am using is given below :: sed s/work: complete/Failed/g temp1.txt > temp2.txt (Sed command is grabled if i use the above .. because of space which is there between work: and complete. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
6 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with sed command

Hi, I have to replace the character AL2 with AL16 which I have in one of my text file . I used the sed command like this sed 's/sed 's/AL2/AL16/g' test_carr.dat>test_carr1.dat But it is not replacing this value to the output file. The test_carr.dat file contains data like this cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command issue

Hi everybody, I have come across a typical problem: I need to use sed command to replace an apostrophe but it is saying no match found in the error sed -e 's/`/'/g' ...but it is not working. Can you please tell me how to use this apostrophe in this sed command please. Thanks. Rubin (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Command Issue

Hello, I want to remove the / found when executing the date command. When I use: date +%D | sed 's/\///' I get: 1105/09 I tried: date +%D | sed 's/\*$///' I need to remove all / from the date command, but it does not seem to work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sed command

I need to search for a keyword UTF-16 in a list of files if that keyword is found then i need to convert the file to UTF-8 format using iconv command. After this i should substitute the UTF-16 keyword inside the file to UTF-8. Please suggest how to do this in shell scripting. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shruthi8818
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command issue in linux

I ran one the script in debug mode in linux and have a problem ret='$prmAttunityUser=ais' Now i need to remove $ from this '$prmAttunityUser=ais' so i had added a sed command like this sed 's/$//g' but its not working could you all please help me with an alternate command I want the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in using variable within sed command

Hi All, I am trying to use a variable within the sed command but I am not able to get the output. When I am using the following command (without variable) its working fine: sed -n '/2011\/12\/10 18:11:11./,$p' < Log.txt > Delta_Log.txt But when I am putting the value 2011\/12\/10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoomer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with SED command

I have a file that contains lines like this: allgroups: cn=Role1,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us allgroups: cn=Role1,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us I want to remove the string : ,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us and so I tried to use SED. i tried to assign it to a variable and use it: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with sed command

Hi, I want to use a code like sed -n "1,9988p" filename | wc -l I tried from=1 till=9988 sed -n "/$from/,/$till/p" filename |wc -l Issue: sed -n "1,9988p" filename | wc -l -- Returns 9988 rows But sed -n "/$from/,/$till/p" filename |wc -l # Returns > 9988 rows(Complete file) I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with sed command

Hi, I have a script that replaces one string with the other in all files under the specified directory. !/bin/bash # **************** Change Variables Here ************ startdirectory="/opt/app/properties/tmp_new" searchterm="Oracle/Middleware/" replaceterm="" #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
CH_LAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 CH_LAB(1)

NAME
ch_lab -- change/copy label files SYNOPSIS
ch_lab [-S frame spacing] [-start time] [-end time] [-ext file extension] [-extract file] [-extend time] [-f sample frequency] [-lf sample frequency] [-itype file type] [-key key file] [-lablist list of labels] [-length time] [-map map file] [-name feature name] [-class class] [-o output file] [-otype file type] [-pad high | low] [-pos list of labels] [-q timestep] [-range range] [-sed sed file] [fl shift time delta] [-style output stype] [-vocab vocab file] [-verify] [-nopath] [-base] [-combine] [-divide] [-h] input files ... DESCRIPTION
ch_lab copies from one or more input label files to an output label file, optionally performing various operations along the way. The following option flags are recognized: -h Print a summary of usage to standard output. -S frame spacing frame spacing of output -start time start time, in seconds, for label extraction -end time end time, in seconds, for label extraction -ext file extension filename extension to use for multiple output files -extract file extract a single file from a list of files -extend time extend track file by time seconds beyond label file -f sample frequency sample frequency of label file -lf sample frequency sample frequency for labels -itype file type type of input label file: esps htk ogi -key key file key label file -lablist list list of labels to be considered as blank -length time length of track produced, in seconds -map map file label mapping file -name feature name eg. Fo Phoneme -class class name of class defined in op file -o output file output file name -otype file type output file type: xmg, ascii, esps, htk -pad high | low pad with high or low values -pos list list of labels to be regarded as 'pos' -q timestep quantize label timings to nearst value -range range difference between high and low values -sed sed file perform regex editing using sed file fl shift time delta shift the times of the labels -style output style output style e.g. track -vocab file file containing list of words in vocabulary -verify check that only labels in vocab file are in label file -nopath ignore pathnames when searching label lists -base use base filenames for lists of label files -combine -divide SEE ALSO
ch_wave(1) ch_track(1) Edinburgh Speech Tools April 5, 2001 Edinburgh Speech Tools