Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Class hpc project
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Class hpc project Post 302937745 by PC-2011 on Sunday 8th of March 2015 10:33:57 PM
Old 03-08-2015
First I would like to say sorry but my post got moved so I hadnt filled out the template and thank you for the very detailed reply. So after some research on some other forums I came up with Maas Ubuntu. Is this something I could use? Also when I said interesting I was looking for something along the lines of a graphical molecular simulation or something along those lines and do I need to find application built for clusters or can I write a simple script in C of java to find prime numbers to run on the cluster. Thank again Bakunin for all the time you put into that reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I Need Some Help With My Ssh Shell Programming Class Project???????

Instructions: Type all your answers on one file (initiallastname_project2-answers file) and submit via the Projects Dropbox section on Angel. The file should contain answers to the questions below. Valid answers include: - command/s used - output of the command/s (including error or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I Need Some Help With My Ssh Shell Programming Class Project???????

Instructions: Type all your answers on one file (initiallastname_project2-answers file) and submit via the Projects Dropbox section on Angel. The file should contain answers to the questions below. Valid answers include: - command/s used - output of the command/s (including error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

car class (not school class)

im just trying to have some fun and kill some time writing a c++ program that has a person type in a car make and model then gives them a year and a price. or something like that. i always have problems getting it goin but once the ball is rolling im usually pretty good. anyone wanna help me out? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

5. Programming

C++ class definition with a member of the same class

Hi, i have a question about C++. Is it possible to declare a class with a member ot the same class? For example, a linked list or i want to convert this C code to C++ class (Elemento) typedef struct elemento { char name; char value; List<struct elemento> ltElementos; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
7 Replies

6. Programming

static use for class inside the same class c++

Hi, I believe the next code is wrong: class Egg { Egg e; int i; Egg(int ii=0) : i(ii) {} }; because you would end up with an endless definition (memory allocation) of Egg objects, thus int i. Ok, so God Eckel proposes for a singleton: class Egg { static Egg e; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavipoes
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

8. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

10. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies
clusters(4)						     Sun Cluster File Formats						       clusters(4)

NAME
clusters - cluster names database SYNOPSIS
/etc/clusters DESCRIPTION
The clusters file contains information regarding the known clusters in the local naming domain. For each cluster a single line should be present with the following information: clustername whitespace-delimited list of hosts Expansion is recursive if a name on the right hand side is tagged with the expansion marker: ``*''. Items are separated by any number of blanks and/or TAB characters. A `#' indicates the beginning of a comment. Characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by routines which search the file. Cluster names may contain any printable character other than an upper case character, a field delimiter, NEWLINE, or comment character. The maximum length of a cluster name is 32 characters. This information is used by Sun Cluster system administration tools, like cconsole(1M) to specify a group of nodes to administer. The names used in this database must be host names, as used in the hosts database. The database is available from either NIS or NIS+ maps or a local file. Lookup order can be specified in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file. The default order is nis files. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A Sample /etc/clusters File Here is a typical /etc/clusters file: bothclusters *planets *wine planets mercury venus wine zinfandel merlot chardonnay riesling Here is a typical /etc/nsswitch.conf entry: clusters: nis files FILES
/etc/clusters /etc/nsswitch.conf ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cconsole(1M), chosts(1M), serialports(4), nsswitch.conf(4), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 26 Jun 2006 clusters(4)