Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Search file and print everything except multiple search terms Post 302937744 by Don Cragun on Sunday 8th of March 2015 09:46:53 PM
Old 03-08-2015
Are you trying to remove these words from your input files? Try:
Code:
sed 's/ca01[[:lower:]]*0[1-4]//' input_file

Can more than one of these words appear on a line? Try:
Code:
sed 's/ca01[[:lower:]]*0[1-4]//g' input_file

Or are you trying to delete lines that contain these words? Try:
Code:
sed '/ca01[[:lower:]]*0[1-4]/d' input_file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a large file with a list of terms in another file

Hi- I am trying to search a large file with a number of different search terms that are listed one per line in 3 different files. Most importantly I need to be able to do a case insensitive search. I have tried just using egrep -f but it doesn't seam to be able to handle the -i option when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dougzilla
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Multiple search patterns & print in an one liner

I would like to print result of multiple search pattern invoked from an one liner. The code looks like this but won't work gawk -F '{{if ($0 ~ /pattern1/) pat1=$1 && if ($0 ~ /pattern2/) pat2=$2} ; print pat1, pat2}' Can anybody help getting the right code? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and print a certain number in a file

Hi, I have a file that contains strings and numbers. I want to search for a particular string and then print out the numbers next to this string. For example the file looks like in the file I want to search for the line AFUE 0. AOXI 0. VFUE 600. VOXI 1573.241 TFUE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple search terms with context

I have a file that is a sort library in the format: ##def title1 content1 stuff1 content2 stuff2 ##enddef ##def title2 etc.. I want to grep def and content and pull some trailing context from content so the result would look something like: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Moe.Wilensky
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two search strings and print the value

Based on the forums i have tried with grep command but i am unable to get the required output. search this value /*------ If that is found then search for temp_vul and print and also search until /*------- and print new_vul Input file contains: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep? - using a file of terms to search another file when the information is on a different line

I have a flat file that looks like this, let's call it Chromosome_9.txt: FT /Gene_Name="Guanyl-Acetylase 9" FT /Gene_Number"36952" FT /Gene_Name="Endoplasmic Luciferase" FT /Gene_Number"36953" FT ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists

Hi, I am Searching for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists. the below is the format: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ID: FIRST ID MESSAGE: Event Message... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxuser999
5 Replies
Wiki::Toolkit::Search::Base(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Wiki::Toolkit::Search::Base(3pm)

NAME
Wiki::Toolkit::Search::Base - Base class for Wiki::Toolkit search plugins. SYNOPSIS
my $search = Wiki::Toolkit::Search::XXX->new( @args ); my %wombat_nodes = $search->search_nodes("wombat"); This class details the methods that need to be overridden by search plugins. METHODS
"new" my $search = Wiki::Toolkit::Search::XXX->new( @args ); Creates a new searcher. By default the arguments are just passed to "_init", so you may wish to override that instead. "search_nodes" # Find all the nodes which contain the word 'expert'. my %results = $search->search_nodes('expert'); Returns a (possibly empty) hash whose keys are the node names and whose values are the scores in some kind of relevance-scoring system I haven't entirely come up with yet. For OR searches, this could initially be the number of terms that appear in the node, perhaps. Defaults to AND searches (if $and_or is not supplied, or is anything other than "OR" or "or"). Searches are case-insensitive. "analyze" @terms = $self->analyze($string) Splits a string into a set of terms for indexing and searching. Typically this is done case-insensitively, splitting at word boundaries, and extracting words that contain at least 1 word characters. "fuzzy_title_match" $wiki->write_node( "King's Cross St Pancras", "A station." ); my %matches = $search->fuzzy_title_match( "Kings Cross St. Pancras" ); Returns a (possibly empty) hash whose keys are the node names and whose values are the scores in some kind of relevance-scoring system I haven't entirely come up with yet. Note that even if an exact match is found, any other similar enough matches will also be returned. However, any exact match is guaranteed to have the highest relevance score. The matching is done against "canonicalised" forms of the search string and the node titles in the database: stripping vowels, repeated letters and non-word characters, and lowercasing. "index_node" $search->index_node($node, $content); Indexes or reindexes the given node in the search engine indexes. You must supply both the node name and its content. canonicalise_title $fuzzy = $self->canonicalise_title( $ node); Returns the node title as suitable for fuzzy searching: with punctuation and spaces removes, vowels removed, and double letters squashed. "delete_node" $search->delete_node($node); Removes the given node from the search indexes. NOTE: It's up to you to make sure the node is removed from the backend store. Croaks on error. "supports_phrase_searches" if ( $search->supports_phrase_searches ) { return $search->search_nodes( '"fox in socks"' ); } Returns true if this search backend supports phrase searching, and false otherwise. "supports_fuzzy_searches" if ( $search->supports_fuzzy_searches ) { return $search->fuzzy_title_match("Kings Cross St Pancreas"); } Returns true if this search backend supports fuzzy title matching, and false otherwise. SEE ALSO
Wiki::Toolkit perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 Wiki::Toolkit::Search::Base(3pm)