Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to separate sorte different characters from one textfile and copy them in a new textfile? Post 302937725 by bakunin on Sunday 8th of March 2015 03:11:59 PM
Old 03-08-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwatter
Now i know exactly what is in and i want to separate and sorted it in terminal to an existing file with another 2 existing lines in like this:
Sorry, but i don't get what you want to do.

I understand you have one file with an assortment of things (handy (which is "mobile" or "cell phone" in english, btw.), bread and wine), correct?

I understand you have a second file with a structure that looks similar to what is commonly called "stanza-format":

Code:
entry1:
     item1=value1
     item2=value2
     item3=value3
     [...]

entry2:
     item1=value4
     item2=value5
     item3=value6
     [...]
[...]

Is this correct? If not: where did i go wrong? If so: what do you want to do now?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

plugging out value from a textfile

Hi, need some help from all of you as i'm a beginner in shellscript. Currently i have a textfile(filename.txt) with the below content: TOTAL: 30 RECORDS: 300 anyone one know how do i plug out the value of 30 and put into a variable(var1) and 300 into another variable(var2)?I'm coding using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

4 GB delimited-textfile on ONE LINE

I have delimited-text files ( > 4GB ) and is just one line. OS: HP-UX 11.23 Awk / cut / sed all have line_max limitations. & unable to read one line in (Buffered-mode). Sample file: xxxx|adsfadf|Afdsa|adsf|afds|Asdfas|ads|Afds|Asdf| .....till forever, I want to put a carriage... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all lines with less then 32 characters from a textfile?

I need to delete all lines with less then 32 characters from a textfile. :) (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: anna428
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Textfile lesson

Tag allerseits Ich habe ein umfangreiches Script. Darin möchte ich zu Beginn ein textfile lesen. Den ersten Satz. Dann kommen mehrere Instruktionen und dann soll wieder gelesen werden. Den zweiten Satz. Etc. Ich kann also das herkömmliche while read xyz / do ... done nicht benützen. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating textfile from arguments

Hi all I'm new to this forum and I really hope someone can help me out with a (for you guys) fairly easy question. I want to have a script that takes 1-14 arguments, all numbers 1-14, say myscript 1 3 4 5 7 what the script shall do is basically generare a textfile that contains 16... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tobbev
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk using sub , filtering textfile

i have text file as below CMF_COMP_ELEM_ GSM2_B71.WORLD_20121114130908.log 107496444 rows inserted into ALL_S1_CMF_COMP_ELEM. CMF_COMP_ELEM_ GSM3_B71.WORLD_20121114130908.log 110729006 rows inserted into ALL_S1_CMF_COMP_ELEM. CMF_COMP_ELEM_ GSM4_B71.WORLD_20121114130908.log 92549475... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change value in a textFile

Hi everyone, I need to make a script to take three parameters: -> KEY -> NEW_VALUE -> FILE The FILE is a text plane file. The KEY is a variable to configure, for example: KEY1 = HOLA KEY2= HOLA KEY3=HELLO KEY4 =HOLA And the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
4 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Use Textfile for variables ?

So... I have a text file that contains this (hex.txt): #8C7CA6 #6C70A5 #75777C #959A90 #7A7C6C #867DAB #80867E #8A87BD #6B71C6 #8F8A79 #9A9DCE #7E87D0 #69709E #82968C #7C8F81 #A3917B (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variablecontent in a Textfile

I want to save a variablecontent in a Textfile. How can i do that? These works only with ls shell_exec("ls > text.txt");Please use code tags, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
2 Replies
ARRAY_WALK(3)								 1							     ARRAY_WALK(3)

array_walk - Apply a user supplied function to every member of an array

SYNOPSIS
bool array_walk NULL (array &$array, callable $callback, [mixed $userdata]) DESCRIPTION
Applies the user-defined $callback function to each element of the $array array. array_walk(3) is not affected by the internal array pointer of $array. array_walk(3) will walk through the entire array regardless of pointer position. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. o $callback - Typically, $callback takes on two parameters. The $array parameter's value being the first, and the key/index second. Note If $callback needs to be working with the actual values of the array, specify the first parameter of $callback as a refer- ence. Then, any changes made to those elements will be made in the original array itself. Note Many internal functions (for example strtolower(3)) will throw a warning if more than the expected number of argument are passed in and are not usable directly as a $callback. Only the values of the $array may potentially be changed; its structure cannot be altered, i.e., the programmer cannot add, unset or reorder elements. If the callback does not respect this requirement, the behavior of this function is undefined, and unpre- dictable. o $userdata - If the optional $userdata parameter is supplied, it will be passed as the third parameter to the $callback. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS If function $callback requires more parameters than given to it, an error of level E_WARNING will be generated each time array_walk(3) calls $callback. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_walk(3) example <?php $fruits = array("d" => "lemon", "a" => "orange", "b" => "banana", "c" => "apple"); function test_alter(&$item1, $key, $prefix) { $item1 = "$prefix: $item1"; } function test_print($item2, $key) { echo "$key. $item2<br /> "; } echo "Before ...: "; array_walk($fruits, 'test_print'); array_walk($fruits, 'test_alter', 'fruit'); echo "... and after: "; array_walk($fruits, 'test_print'); ?> The above example will output: Before ...: d. lemon a. orange b. banana c. apple d. fruit: lemon a. fruit: orange b. fruit: banana c. fruit: apple SEE ALSO
array_walk_recursive(3), iterator_apply(3), list(3), each(3), call_user_func_array(3), array_map(3), information about the callback type, foreach. PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_WALK(3)