Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPU is high
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat CPU is high Post 302937712 by Maddy123 on Sunday 8th of March 2015 11:27:14 AM
Old 03-08-2015
Hi bakunin,

Thanks for your suggestions.

MadeInGermany,

Are you saying that python is
Quote:
It is HP OPSware, a software that can install or patch or uninstall packages on the system. In this case it obviously wanted to uninstall something (maybe itself).
Its parent pid is 1 (init) so its former parent exited.
It is obviously not related to your Oracle environment.
IMHO killing it won't cause any harm.
Can you tell me what is IMHO and should i kill this? if so how to do that.Please guide me.

Regards,
Maddy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

High CPU Utilization

Good morning, I need some help figuring out what's eating up my cpu. My application can't get enough cpu to do its job. this is a sunfire V440 2CPU's at 1/593 GHZ with 8GB of memory. In the morning hours the box is at less than 3%. I can't figure out what else is using the CPU. We use foglight and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbouhaik
2 Replies

2. AIX

High CPU utilization

Hi am facing high cpu utilization on my sybase server. I have P550 Number Of Processors: 4 Processor Clock Speed: 1656 MHz CPU Type: 64-bit Kernel Type: 32-bit LPAR Info: 1 65-D837E Memory Size: 7840 MB in topas it shows Name PID CPU% PgSp Owner dataserv 565264 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. AIX

DB2 high CPU

Hello dear friends, I have Lpar AIX 6.1 and there is DB2 installed. I have 8 Virtual CPU's configured on my Lpar and when I run nmon the CPU waiting time is always big.. I will provide screenshot for better realizing.. my question is what may produce so big waiting time?? Thanks in advance! (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
19 Replies

4. Ubuntu

High System CPU Usage

I am running a Dell PE R815 with 4 x AMD 12 core CPUs with 128GB of RAM and a RAID 5 array of 6 SAS disks. This is an HPC application and is definitely CPU bound, however once I run 16 of these processes (thus pinning 16 cores) the work performed slows down dramatically, to maybe 5 or 10% of what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mowmentous
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

high cpu utilization

good morning. just wanted to ask if there's a way to check what causes the high cpu utilization of a server for the past 2 months? My jffnms report resulted to high utilization for a specific server last month. is there a way to check via a command line? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

7. Web Development

High CPU with Moodle

Hello list, I am managing a Moodle site on Apache2 server with Ubuntu. There are 20-30 simultaneous users and the server get 100% CPU and it stop working. The server is a dual core 3GHz and 4GB o memory. I think thta it is enough powerful machine for a Moodle site. How could I configure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlazkano
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

High CPU Utilization

Hi Experts, I need to understand few basic things regarding top command result from one of the node i have collected: Cpu0 : 4.6%us, 2.0%sy, 0.0%ni, 91.4%id, 1.3%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.3%si, 0.0%st Cpu1 : 0.0%us, 0.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 99.7%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st Cpu2 : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackjack87
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

High cpu usage

I have created one script and i have added it into cron to run after 10 mins. However I have noted that whenever that script runs, It causes CPU utilization of server to increase about 10-20 % I have rechecked script and there is no way i can make changes, Script contain only 2-3 commands. So... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
4 Replies
GPT-UNINSTALL(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  GPT-UNINSTALL(8)

NAME
gpt-uninstall - Uninstall any GPT package. SYNOPSIS
gpt-uninstall [--force --help -name ] pkgname-flavor-pkgtype DESCRIPTION
gpt-uninstall will uninstall a package from the system. OPTIONS
-force This will force actions to take place. -native Use native package manager (Only works with rpm). pkgname-flavor-pkgtype Expression describing the packages that should be removed. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of GPT and exits. EXAMPLES
gpt-uninstall -name=foo removes all flavors and package types with the name "foo". gpt-uninstall foo Also removes all flavors and package types with the name "foo". gpt-uninstall 'foo-*-*' A third way of typing the same uninstall. Note the single quotes. gpt-uninstall '*-noflavor-*' Remove all of the packages with a 'noflavor' build flavor. gpt-uninstall '*-*-*' Remove all packages. Note that files generated by gpt-postinstall will not be removed BUGS
Currently the flavor check that gpt-uninstall uses only works if the flavor is installed by gpt-build. And so for example: gpt-uninstall foo-gcc32-* will not work. The work around is to uninstall the packages individually using something like: gpt-uninstall -name=foo -flavor=gcc32 -pkgtype=pgm Or use a wild card for the flavor to uninstall all flavors of the package. gpt-uninstall foo-*-* SEE ALSO
gpt-install(8) gpt-query(8) gpt-verify(8) gpt-postinstall(8) AUTHOR
Michael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <eblau.ncsa.uiuc.edu> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-30 GPT-UNINSTALL(8)