Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Class hpc project
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Class hpc project Post 302937697 by PC-2011 on Sunday 8th of March 2015 03:19:00 AM
Old 03-08-2015
Class hpc project

My high school started a tech lab where students like myself can take apart computers, build circuit boards, learn to program and lots more.
I got the job of building a cluster with 4 old work stations we have. This is just a trial if it works well we can get more work stations.

We have one monitor per workstation and from what I have seen so far they have one DVI output and a Intel core duo 2 cpu each.
They will only be able to communicate with each other in a private network the school will not let use connect our project to the network for Internet access unless this trial goes well.
I have built computers before. I have worked with windows server a bit.
I know Php, Java, Javascript, CSS, and HTML. So I have a pretty good background in computers.

We want to do something that will interested people to come in and take a look.

I have never done something like this before is there a good tutorial series somewhere I was thinking about using Ubuntu server and what is a good program to run.

I wanted to find a prime number search program and some else's idea was a physics simulation but where do I find programs like that to run.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment moved to classroom.. as so far Q. not enough specific to be in HPC and is classroom work
Please pay attention at the special rules of this room and complete the form, thanks

Last edited by vbe; 03-08-2015 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: typos, text reorder and presentation

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I Need Some Help With My Ssh Shell Programming Class Project???????

Instructions: Type all your answers on one file (initiallastname_project2-answers file) and submit via the Projects Dropbox section on Angel. The file should contain answers to the questions below. Valid answers include: - command/s used - output of the command/s (including error or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I Need Some Help With My Ssh Shell Programming Class Project???????

Instructions: Type all your answers on one file (initiallastname_project2-answers file) and submit via the Projects Dropbox section on Angel. The file should contain answers to the questions below. Valid answers include: - command/s used - output of the command/s (including error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

car class (not school class)

im just trying to have some fun and kill some time writing a c++ program that has a person type in a car make and model then gives them a year and a price. or something like that. i always have problems getting it goin but once the ball is rolling im usually pretty good. anyone wanna help me out? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

5. Programming

C++ class definition with a member of the same class

Hi, i have a question about C++. Is it possible to declare a class with a member ot the same class? For example, a linked list or i want to convert this C code to C++ class (Elemento) typedef struct elemento { char name; char value; List<struct elemento> ltElementos; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
7 Replies

6. Programming

static use for class inside the same class c++

Hi, I believe the next code is wrong: class Egg { Egg e; int i; Egg(int ii=0) : i(ii) {} }; because you would end up with an endless definition (memory allocation) of Egg objects, thus int i. Ok, so God Eckel proposes for a singleton: class Egg { static Egg e; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavipoes
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

8. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

10. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies
MANDOS-MONITOR(8)						   Mandos Manual						 MANDOS-MONITOR(8)

NAME
mandos-monitor - Text-based GUI to control the Mandos server. SYNOPSIS
mandos-monitor DESCRIPTION
mandos-monitor is an interactive program to monitor and control the operations of the Mandos server (see mandos(8)). PURPOSE
The purpose of this is to enable remote and unattended rebooting of client host computer with an encrypted root file system. See the section called "OVERVIEW" for details. OVERVIEW
This is part of the Mandos system for allowing computers to have encrypted root file systems and at the same time be capable of remote and/or unattended reboots. The computers run a small client program in the initial RAM disk environment which will communicate with a server over a network. All network communication is encrypted using TLS. The clients are identified by the server using an OpenPGP key; each client has one unique to it. The server sends the clients an encrypted password. The encrypted password is decrypted by the clients using the same OpenPGP key, and the password is then used to unlock the root file system, whereupon the computers can continue booting normally. This program is used to monitor and control the Mandos server. In particular, it can be used to approve Mandos clients which have been configured to require approval. It also shows all significant events reported by the Mandos server. KEYS
This program is used to monitor and control the Mandos server. In particular, it can be used to approve Mandos clients which have been configured to require approval. It also shows all significant events reported by the Mandos server. Table 1. Global Keys +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Keys | Function | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |q, Q | Quit | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Ctrl-L | Redraw screen | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |?, F1 | Show help | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |l, D | Toggle log window | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |TAB | Switch window | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |w, i | Toggle log window line wrap | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Up, Ctrl-P, k | Move up a line | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Down, Ctrl-N, j | Move down a line | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |PageUp, Meta-V, b | Move up a page | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ |PageDown, Ctrl-V, SPACE, f | Move down a page | +---------------------------+-----------------------------+ Table 2. Client List Keys +-------------+-------------------------------------------+ |Keys | Function | +-------------+-------------------------------------------+ |+ | Enable client | +-------------+-------------------------------------------+ |- | Disable client | +-------------+-------------------------------------------+ |a | Approve client | +-------------+-------------------------------------------+ |d | Deny client | +-------------+-------------------------------------------+ |R, _, Ctrl-K | Remove client | +-------------+-------------------------------------------+ |s | Start checker for client | +-------------+-------------------------------------------+ |S | Stop checker for client | +-------------+-------------------------------------------+ |C | Force a successful check for this client. | +-------------+-------------------------------------------+ BUGS
This program can currently only be used to monitor and control a Mandos server with the default D-Bus service name of "Mandos". EXAMPLE
This program takes no options: mandos-monitor SECURITY
This program must be permitted to access the Mandos server via the D-Bus interface. This normally requires the root user, but could be configured otherwise by reconfiguring the D-Bus server. SEE ALSO
intro(8mandos), mandos(8), mandos-ctl(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Teddy Hogeborn, Bjorn Pahlsson This manual page is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This manual page is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. Mandos 1.5.5 2012-01-01 MANDOS-MONITOR(8)