Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions FORTRAN error *** glibc detected *** Post 302937682 by antonija on Saturday 7th of March 2015 06:06:31 PM
Old 03-07-2015
FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:

I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval [a,b], in step of 0.1 i need to calculate derivative.

2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:

The equation is like this:
Code:
Five-point stencil:
(-f(x + 2h) + 8f(x + h) - 8f(x - h) + f(x - 2h))/(12*h)
---> (-first+8*sec-8*third+fourth)/12*h

I want to calculate every of theese, so first, sec, third.... expression and then at the end calculate derivative.

3. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):

Code:
variables = 'x'
x=a+2*h
do while(x<=b)
variablesvalues=x
x=x+delta
call recog_variables (func, variables)
first(i)=evaluate(variablesvalues)
print*,'to je',first(i)
i=i+1
call destroyfunc()
end do

x=a+h  !without this, program works, prints first(i), but it doesn't print sec(i).

do while(x<=b)
variablesvalues=x
x=x+delta
call recog_variables (func, variables)
sec(i)=evaluate(variablesvalues)
print*,'to je',sec(i)
i=i+1
call destroyfunc()
end do

4. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course):

I'm studying physics in Rijeka, University of Rijeka, Croatia, but it's not for exact course, I'm doing it because I want to learn...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 ***

hi, I have made a small C program that make use of malloc and free for processing bitmap images. when i try to run the program, I am getting a error something like *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 *** I am not sure of which free() is causing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbreddy
1 Replies

2. Programming

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 ***

when i try to use the class i wrote, i either get this: *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 *** and the proccess exits with an error code of 0; or it segfaults. could someone look at my header file (with imp.) to give me some insight as to why its not working? ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
19 Replies

3. Programming

Pointer to a struct (with pointers) *** glibc detected *** double free

I am using a structure defined as follows struct gene_square { double *x; double *y; };I have class, with a member function which is a pointer of this type: gene_square* m_Genes;I am allocating memory in the constructors like this: m_Genes = new gene_square; for (ii=0;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatoo
1 Replies

4. Programming

Why does this occur? *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x10013ff8 ***

there seems not to be error in this segment. In some computers, it can work well. But in others, it will give a failure. why it ocurrs and how to deal with it? in a function: if( *ver == NULL ) { *ver = (vertex *) malloc(sizeof(vertex)); //this line ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
17 Replies

5. Programming

"GLIBC detected Error" for a simple C code.

Here is a simple program to find the vowels in the string. Output is fine. But I'm getting GLIBC detected as shown below : :eek: *** glibc detected *** ./VOWELS: free(): invalid pointer: 0x08b82013 *** ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib/libc.so.6 /lib/libc.so.6(cfree+0x59) ./VOWELS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranji Raj
5 Replies

6. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast):

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast): Posted A minute ago M trying to make multiway tree and dont know what happend when this part of code get executed: 01void ins(NODE *ptr) 02{ 03 //working 04 if(ptr!=NULL) 05 { 06 SNODE *var=NULL; 07 var=(SNODE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: exgenome
3 Replies

7. Programming

*** glibc detected *** : malloc(): memory corruption (fast)

Hi Friends, while executing the below code, am getting *** glibc detected *** ./ok: malloc(): memory corruption (fast) error, please suggest how to solve this issue. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sqlca.h> #include <alloca.h> /* Define constants for VARCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpjobsrch
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Install glibc-debug for glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1 on SLES 11

I have to debug a function getopt_long in glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1. For that how can I download and install its corresponding glibc-debug on SLES 11? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
8 Replies

9. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out malloc() memory corruption

I am facing a problem of memory corruption. The loop runs for the first time but does not go through the second time. What could be the problem? for(int z=0;z<2;z++) { fp=fopen("poly.dat","r"); /*do something which reads this file into a 2D array*/ fclose(fp); ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dare
10 Replies

10. Programming

C++ glibc detected double free or corruption(!prev) using shared library

Currently I test a shared library vendor provided in linux , the following is the simple source : #include <iostream> using namespace std; extern int test1(); extern int test2(); int main() { cout << "hello world" << endl ; return 0 ; cout << "Test 1" << endl; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barfatchen
6 Replies
MKDTEMP(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							MKDTEMP(3)

NAME
mkdtemp - create a unique temporary directory SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> char *mkdtemp(char *template); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): mkdtemp(): /* Since glibc 2.19: */ _DEFAULT_SOURCE || /* Glibc 2.19 and earlier: */ _BSD_SOURCE || /* Since glibc 2.10: */ _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200809L DESCRIPTION
The mkdtemp() function generates a uniquely named temporary directory from template. The last six characters of template must be XXXXXX and these are replaced with a string that makes the directory name unique. The directory is then created with permissions 0700. Since it will be modified, template must not be a string constant, but should be declared as a character array. RETURN VALUE
The mkdtemp() function returns a pointer to the modified template string on success, and NULL on failure, in which case errno is set appro- priately. ERRORS
EINVAL The last six characters of template were not XXXXXX. Now template is unchanged. Also see mkdir(2) for other possible values for errno. VERSIONS
Available since glibc 2.1.91. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +----------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +----------+---------------+---------+ |mkdtemp() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +----------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2008. This function is present on the BSDs. SEE ALSO
mktemp(1), mkdir(2), mkstemp(3), mktemp(3), tempnam(3), tmpfile(3), tmpnam(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2016-07-17 MKDTEMP(3)