Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk : split file and rename and save in path according to content Post 302937678 by senhia83 on Saturday 7th of March 2015 04:59:34 PM
Old 03-07-2015
after you have split the files,,,in the same directory

Code:
for file in F*
do
$name=$(awk -F"=" '$1=="name"{print $2}' )
cp $file $name
done

if this works , change cp to mv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file depending on content

Hi, I have a file which contains records of data. I need to split the file into multiple files depending upon the value of last field. How do i read the last field of each record in the file??? Regards, Chaitrali (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split and rename the file

Hi All, I have a requirement .I want to split a file and the split files should have certain names. Currently when i use the split command split -1000 testdata testdata_ Then the output is testdata_aa testdata_bb testdata_cc and so on. But i want the output as testdata1.snd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split and rename files

I have a file test1.html like below: <dctm_topnav_en_US> <html> ..... </html> <dctm_topnav_en_CA> <html> ..... </html> <dctm_topnav_en_FR> <html> ..... </html> I need to use awk to split this into three file names like en_US.html , en_CA.html, en_FR.html each having content between... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay52
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with rename header content based on reference file problem

I got long list of reference file >data_tmp_number_22 >data_tmp_number_12 >data_tmp_number_20 . . Input file: >sample_data_1 Math, 5, USA, tmp SDFEWRWERWERWRWER FSFDSFSDFSDGSDGSD >sample_data_2 Math, 15, UK, tmp FDSFSDFF >sample_data_3 Math, 50, USA, tmp ARQERREQR . . Desired... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file content

Hi All; I have input file like below name char(3) number number(3) inputfile namenumber xyz123abc509kai330 aca203 ald390afa000als303 I wanted to split like below:- output like this:- xyz123 abc509 kai330 aca203 ald390 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the file based on the content

Arun kumar something somehting Enterting in to the line . . . . Some text text Finshing the sentence Some other text . . . . Again something somehting Enterting in to the line . . . . . . Again text text Finshing the sentence (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file content into specific folders

Hi I have a large text file and I want to split its content into multiple flies. this large file contains several blocks of codes separated by a comment line for each block. this comment line represents a directory path So, when separate these blocks each into a separate file, This output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] split file1 and save it as var from file2

I have 2 files: file_1: file_2: expected result: name file: "artV1" "artV2" etc. I have: but why don;t work save to file 'out'?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ffresz
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save sorted content of a inside the same file?

Hi All, When i use sort Test, here is the output: $ sort Test a b b c d e f g h i But the contents in the file remain unsorted, how to do that? ]$ cat Test g i (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrakanth
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace content from a file and save

Hi, Right now there is a file called 'qm.ini' which is owned by mqm:mqm and I am trying to replace a line from this file with something else and save. I am using the below perl command to replace and save within a shell script with a different user called 'mqadm' which is also part of mqm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdpl
1 Replies
queue-repair(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   queue-repair(8)

NAME
queue-repair - deal with the qmail queue directory structure SYNOPSIS
queue-repair [ -htrcbn ] [ -n split ] [ conf-qmail ] DESCRIPTION
queue-repair deals with the qmail queue structure; it can create a new queue, move and properly rename a queue, dynamically change the conf-split value, convert big-todo queues to non-big-todo and vice versa, and repair a corrupted queue. conf-qmail defaults to /var/lib/qmail/ on Debian. OPTIONS
-h|--help Display usage information and built-in defaults, then exit. -t|--test Run in test-only mode. queue-repair will attempt to report all problems that it finds, without correcting them. This is the default. -r|--repair Run in repair mode. queue-repair will attempt to correct all problems that it finds, except if the basic queue directories (queue, queue/mess, queue/info, etc) are not found. -c|--create Run in create-and-repair mode. queue-repair will attempt to correct all problems that it finds, including creation of a new queue structure from scratch. -s|--split split Specify split as the value of conf-split. This is the number of split subdirectories for those queue directories which are hashed. The default for qmail is 23. Appropriate values depend on the volume of mail handled, OS filesystem efficiency, and other factors, but this should always be a prime number. If you do not specify conf-split, queue-repair will attempt to determine the current value from the existing queue. This option can be used, however, to change the conf-split value of an existing queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with the new value). When creating a new queue, this option must always be specified. -b|--bigtoto Use big-todo. queue-repair should be able to automatically determine if you're using qmail patched with the big-todo patch. This option can be used, however, to convert a non-big-todo queue to a big-todo queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with the big-todo patch). If neither this option nor --no-bigtodo is used, queue-repair will attempt to determine this automatically. When creating a new queue, either this option or --no-bigtodo must always be specified. -n|--no-bigtodo Do not use big-todo. queue-repair should be able to automatically determine if you're using qmail patched with the big-todo patch. This option can be used, however, to convert a big-todo queue to a non big-todo queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with- out the big-todo patch). If neither this option nor --bigtodo is used, queue-repair will attempt to determine this automatically. When creating a new queue, either this option or --bigtodo must always be specified. --i-want-a-broken-conf-split Force the use of a non-prime value for conf-split. SEE ALSO
qmail(7) queue-repair(8)