Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: STARTTLS not being offered
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat STARTTLS not being offered Post 302937625 by indiana_tas on Friday 6th of March 2015 03:43:33 PM
Old 03-06-2015
STARTTLS not being offered

STARTTLS is not being offered by sendmail when I telnet to the local port on the localhost. STARTTLS is compiled into sendmail. I have valid certificates, pointed to in the .mc file, built to a .cf file. There is a listener running on port 587 and in the log I see entries that seem to indicate it is running:

STARTTLS=server, Diffie-Hellman init, key=1024 bit (1)
STARTTLS=server, init=1

But when I issue EHLO, no STARTTLS. I have set debugging to Level 14, then to 100 because, well, why not? Yet there are no clues. I don't need auth, so I am not using those options in the config, nor am I running saslauthd. Regardless, it should be offered if I have certificates, they are in the correct path expected in the config file, etc.

Any advice?

SENDMAILCONFIG(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 SENDMAILCONFIG(8)

NAME
sendmailconfig - configure sendmail for Debian systems SYNOPSIS
sendmailconfig [--no-reload] DESCRIPTION
sendmailconfig is used to simplify the configuration of sendmail(8) for use on Debian systems. In the simplest case, you may run this program to (re)configure sendmail for your Debian system at any time. It will modify the file /etc/mail/sendmail.mc in order to create a working sendmail configuration which will be written to the file /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. For advanced configurations, you can modify the sendmail.mc file before generating sendmail.cf. Future invokations of sendmailconfig will preserve these changes provided they are made at the end of the file. Normally sendmailconfig will ask if you want to reload sendmail after making changes to its configuration. The --no-reload option will avoid this question. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc sendmail m4 input to generate sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf actual sendmail configuration file /etc/mail/sendmail.cw names for which we will accept mail in the standard configuration /etc/mail/sendmail.ct names of trusted users in the standard configuration SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) AUTHOR
Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> 21-Jan-1997 SENDMAILCONFIG(8)