Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Creation of Oracle table through shell scripting Post 302937559 by vbe on Friday 6th of March 2015 07:39:03 AM
Old 03-06-2015
This room i for registering or account problems...
Please register if you wish to post in our forums, thanks
Thread closed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

update a oracle table using shell script

Hi, I would like to know how to update a table in Oracle database, if a command in one shell script either successfully completes or it fails.(like Y if its success or N if its a failure) While the command is running,I am able to view the log file created in the Unix machine.After the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann_124
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store return code of shell script in oracle table

Hi friends, I have to do the following things : 1) there should be a shell script returning the returning the return code of the script. and i have to add some more details like on which machine is has run , at what time and other details and then using plsql i have to add a row to Oracle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating a column in oracle table using shell script

Hi friends, i am having a variable declared in .profile.i am changing its value in a shell script and then i am connecting to oracle and then from there i am calling a .sql called update.sql STATUS is the variable declared in the .profile =============================== if sqlplus <<END... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Shell scripting to modify the User Creation script in oracle database.

Hi, I have several users to create on my test Oracle database taking the scripts from the Production Oracle database. I have a separate text file where I have user-id and passwords maintained. I need help in writing a shell script to go thru the user creation scripts and replace VALUES... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a table using shell scripting

Hi Can we create a rectangular table as i have attached in the query . This is primarily for populating the created table with data gathered . Hope I made myself clear ... Pls suggest Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to export data from Oracle table .

Hi, I want to write a shell script which will export data from oracle table . I don't want to save that data . I want the queries . Right now i am right clicking on the table and clicking on export as to my desktop . Please let me know if any one have any idea . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update a Oracle table through shell scripting?

My Code is get_week_date() { `sqlplus -s ${DQM_SQL_LOGON}@${DQM_SID} << EOF SET ECHO OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF SET PAGES 0 SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SET VERIFY OFF SET TRIMSPOOL ON (update file_level_qc fq set FQ.DATA_FILE_NAME='Hyvee_Pharmacy_Solutions_201304_v1.txt'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.cho
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help in populating output in table using shell scripting

Below is my code where i tried using table tag to print out put in table but its not working #!/bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1";... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i populate the record in to table using shell scripting?

LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( echo "From: $pzFrom\nTo: $pzTo\nSubject: $pzTitle${pzReplyTo:+\nReply-To: $pzReplyTo}" ] && echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
1 Replies
CHFN(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHFN(1)

NAME
chfn - change real user name and information SYNOPSIS
chfn [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chfn command changes user fullname, office room number, office phone number, and home phone number information for a user's account. This information is typically printed by finger(1) and similar programs. A normal user may only change the fields for her own account, subject to the restrictions in /etc/login.defs. (The default configuration is to prevent users from changing their fullname.) The superuser may change any field for any account. Additionally, only the superuser may use the -o option to change the undefined portions of the GECOS field. These fields must not contain any colons. Except for the other field, they should not contain any comma or equal sign. It is also recommended to avoid non-US-ASCII characters, but this is only enforced for the phone numbers. The other field is used to store accounting information used by other applications. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chfn command are: -f, --full-name FULL_NAME Change the user's full name. -h, --home-phone HOME_PHONE Change the user's home phone number. -o, --other OTHER Change the user's other GECOS information. This field is used to store accounting information used by other applications, and can be changed only by a superuser. -r, --room ROOM_NUMBER Change the user's room number. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -u, --help Display help message and exit. -w, --work-phone WORK_PHONE Change the user's office phone number. If none of the options are selected, chfn operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current values for all of the fields. Enter the new value to change the field, or leave the line blank to use the current value. The current value is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. Without options, chfn prompts for the current user account. CONFIGURATION
The following configuration variables in /etc/login.defs change the behavior of this tool: CHFN_RESTRICT (string) This parameter specifies which values in the gecos field of the /etc/passwd file may be changed by regular users using the chfn program. It can be any combination of letters f, r, w, h, for Full name, Room number, Work phone, and Home phone, respectively. For backward compatibility, yes is equivalent to rwh and no is equivalent to frwh. If not specified, only the superuser can make any changes. The most restrictive setting is better achieved by not installing chfn SUID. FILES
/etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. /etc/passwd User account information. SEE ALSO
chsh(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHFN(1)