Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding timestap to filename using perl Post 302937558 by chriss_58 on Friday 6th of March 2015 07:37:16 AM
Old 03-06-2015
Adding timestap to filename using perl

Hello,

I am trying to create a file in windows and i want the filename to have timestamp as well but something is wrong and i can not understand waht. The code that i use is the following

Code:
($cwkday,$cmonth,$cday,$ctime,$cyear) = split(/\s+/, localtime);
 $current_date = $cday."/".$cmonth."/".$cyear." ".$ctime;

if($index==0)
   { 
      #Create the first line of the new file
      print("Creating the first line of the new file \n");
      push(@array,'Account_id');
      push(@array,'Subscriber_id');
      push(@array,'Package_id');
      push(@array,'effective_date');
      push(@array,'Expiration_date');
      # open (OUTPUT_FILE, '>>C:\perl\output\proration.$cyear$cmonth$cday.txt')||die "$!";
      open (OUTPUT_FILE, '>>C:\Users\christos.rovolis\Desktop\perl\output\proration_$current_date.txt')||die "$!";
      print OUTPUT_FILE (join ("|", @array), "\n");
      $index++;
   }

Using the above code i receive as filename the
proration_$current_date.txt

I tried to use "" instead '' but with no luck

Thank you for your help,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to adding the filename into file contents

Dear Experts, Please help to teach me how to add the filename into the file content so that i can get the output below:- Actually the file name ***************New output that I want*************** =====2005-11-12===== EVENTS-20050912 03:33:37 ALARM: BTSSPAN-277-1 30-18013... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: missutoomuch
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding filename into file content

Dear Experts, Please help to teach me how to add the filename into the file content. Actually the file name are EVENTS-20050912. ***************New output that I want*************** EVENTS-20050912 03:33:37 ALARM: BTSSPAN-277-1 30-18013 EVENTS-20050912 12:10:28 ALARM: BTSSPAN-297-2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: missutoomuch
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabing Date from filename and adding to the end of each line in the file.

Hi, I have 24 .dat files something like below. The file name starts with “abc” followed by two digit month and two digit year. Is there a way to grab the month and year from each filename and append it to the end of each line. Once this is done I want to combine all the files into file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the filename by adding up 1 each time, tricky one

:confused: Hi, I posted here before for adding up of datafile name each time, here is an example: #!/bin/bash cutdfname="data11.dbf" newname=$(echo "${cutdfname}" |tr "" "" |tr "#_@-" "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" |tr -s "x") num=$(echo $newname |cut -d"." -f1|awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Date & time stamps to filename

I need to edit the file name with date and time while writing the script. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish.s
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with adding leading zeros to a filename

Hi i need help in adding leading zero to filenames e.g file name in my folder are 1_234sd.txt 23_234sd.txt the output i need is 001_234sd.txt 023_234sd.txt can i do this shell scripting please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsmpk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding filename to each line of the file

Hi, I am a relative new bee in scripting. I need to develop a script such that the code would iterate through each file in a source directory and append every line of the file with '|' and the corresponding file filename. eg INPUT file IF927_1.dat - H|abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripting_newbe
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Filename as column using sed

Hi , Can any one please tell me, how can we add the file name as column using sed. right now we are using the below awk command for adding the file name as column but when we are calling this script from datastage it is deleting the file data..very weird raised a support ticket with datastage.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mora
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Previous Month To Filename

Dear experts, I'm using solaris 5.10 and bash. I want to zip file "Amount.txt" to "Amount.zip" and rename it to "Amount_<prev_month>_<this year>.zip". For example, file for this month should be renamed to "Amount_06_2012.zip", for next month it should be "Amount_07_2012.zip". I have no problem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris.adrianto
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put dot in timestap?

I have a string: Code time=20170303122334 I need the result: 20170303.122334 I did: CODE: ttdotss=`echo ${time} |sed 's\(.|{8\}\)/|1 /g'` Result sed: Function s\(.|{8\}\)/|1 /g cannot be parsed. Could you please help me to resolve this issue? Thanks for contribution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY - access an existing message folder as array SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Box::Manager; my $mgr = Mail::Box::Manager->new; my $folder = $mgr->open(folder => 'inbox'); use Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY; tie my(@inbox), 'Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY', $folder; # deprecated, but works too use Mail::Box::Tie; tie my(@inbox), 'Mail::Box::Tie', $folder; foreach (@inbox) {print $_->short} print $_->print foreach @inbox; my $emails = @inbox; print $inbox[3]; print scalar @inbox; push @inbox, Mail::Box::Message->new(...); delete $inbox[6]; print $inbox[0]->head->get('status'); my $folder = tied @inbox; untie @inbox; DESCRIPTION
Certainly when you look at a folder as a list of messages, it is logical to access the folder through an array. Not all operations on arrays are supported. Actually, most functions which would reduce the size of the array are modified instead to mark messages for deletion. Examples what you cannot do: shift/unshift/pop/splice @inbox; METHODS
Constructors TIEARRAY('Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY', FOLDER) Create the tie on an existing folder. example: tie an array to a folder my $mgr = Mail::Box::Manager->new; my $inbox = $mgr->new(folder => $ENV{MAIL}); tie my(@inbox), 'Mail::Box::Tie::Array', ref $inbox, $inbox; Tied Interface $obj->DELETE() Flag a message to be removed. Be warned that the message stays in the folder, and is not removed before the folder is written. example: delete $inbox[5]; $inbox[5]->delete; #same $obj->FETCH(INDEX) Get the message which is at the indicated location in the list of messages contained in this folder. Deleted messages will be returned as "undef". example: print $inbox[3]; # 4th message in the folder print @inbox[3,0]; # 4th and first of the folder print $inbox[-1]; # last message $obj->FETCHSIZE() Return the total number of messages in a folder. This is called when the folder-array is used in scalar context, for instance. example: if(@inbox > 10) # contains more than 10 messages? my $nrmsgs = @inbox; $obj->PUSH(MESSAGES) Add MESSAGES to the end of the folder. example: push @inbox, $newmsg; $obj->STORE(INDEX, MESSAGE) Random message replacement is not permitted --doing so would disturb threads etc. An error occurs if you try to do this. The only thing which is allowed is to store a message at the first free index at the end of the folder (which is also achievable with PUSH()). example: $inbox[8] = $add; $inbox[-1] = $add; push @inbox, $add; $obj->STORESIZE(LENGTH) Sets all messages behind from LENGTH to the end of folder to be deleted. DETAILS
Folder tied as array Limitations This module implements "TIEARRAY", "FETCH", "STORE", "FETCHSIZE", "STORESIZE", "DELETE", "PUSH", and "DESTROY". This module does not implement all other methods as described in the Tie::Array documentation, because the real array of messages is not permitted to shrink or be mutilated. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Box::Tie::ARRAY(3pm)