Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script to compare 2 file Post 302937553 by rnary on Friday 6th of March 2015 07:12:19 AM
Old 03-06-2015
Bash script to compare 2 file

Hello Friends

please help me to create script to compare 2 fiile which has rpm info .

File 1:
Code:
glibc-2.12.1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm
glibc-common-2.12-1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm

File 2 :
Code:
glibc-2.12.123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm
glibc-common-2.12-123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm

To compare file1 data is grater then file2 or not.
please help.

Thanks in advance .!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Perl In Bash Script To Compare Floationg Points

Is there a way to compare two floating points numbers in a bash script using perl? I've tried just using a bash if statement and it doesn't seem to support floating point numbers. Can the perl line read vars from bash then output a var to bash? a=1.1 #from bash b=1.5 #from bash if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

count and compare no of records in bash shell script.

consider this as a csv file. H,0002,0002,20100218,17.25,P,barani D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 T,5 N i want to read the csv file and count the number of rows that start with D and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare time in bash script?

Hi, Anyone know how to compare the time in bash script? I want to compare say 30 min. to 45 min. ( AIX ) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumit30
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare two lists

Hi, I do little bash scripting so sorry for my ignorance. How do I compare if the two variable not match and if they do not match run a command. I was thinking a for loop but then I need another for loop for the 2nd list and I do not think that would work as in the real world there could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & Copy Directories : Bash Script Help

Beginner/Intermediate shell; comfortable in the command line. I have been looking for a solution to a backup problem. I need to compare Directory 1 to Directory 2 and copy all modified or new files/directories from Directory 1 to Directory 3. I need the directory and file structure to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rod
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash compare a list of file

Dear all, I believe this is a Bash basic question... I am bit ashamed for asking actually... I want to create a Bash script that compares 2 different folders: 1) work_folder and 2) work_folder.git #!/bin/bash FOLDER_NAME=`pwd | awk -F/ '{ print $NF }' | awk -F. '{ print $1 }'` ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array compare bash script

Hello, i have a script that should compare between ${ARRAY} that contains all fstab record like this : >>echo ${ARRAY} / /boot between all mountpoints in my df that is stord in ${ARRAY2} >>echo ${ARRAY2} / /boot /dev/shm /var/spool/asterisk/monitor now i have this loop: for i in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script to compare file all the files exits or not

Currently i am building a script like based on region parameter it will filter the records in config file and then it will create a text file like ab.txt and it will read the path location in that file and now i need to compare the files name in the config file to files in the path of the config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saranath
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare date bash script

I all I have written a bash script for compare two date. One of those is a result of query, and another is current date. I have a problem with the format, because the first is 09/12/19 18:50:30 but for having this result I have to do d1DB=$(date -d "$valData" +'%m/%d/%y %T') and the second... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdie77
9 Replies
RPMSPEC(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMSPEC(8)

NAME
rpmspec - RPM Spec Tool SYNOPSIS
QUERYING SPEC FILES: rpmspec {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] SPEC_FILE ... select-options [--rpms] [--srpms] query-options [--qf,--queryformat QUERYFMT] [--target TARGET_PLATFORM] QUERY OPTIONS The general form of an rpm spec query command is rpm {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] You may specify the format that the information should be printed in. To do this, you use the --qf|--queryformat QUERYFMT option, followed by the QUERYFMT format string. See rpm(8) for details. SELECT OPTIONS --rpms Operate on the binary package header(s). --srpm Operate on the source package header(s). SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMSPEC(8)