Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Move based on date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Move based on date Post 302937451 by syedzoniac on Thursday 5th of March 2015 12:57:34 PM
Old 03-05-2015
File Move based on date

how to move file based on date in linux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find, make and move file based on username

hi there, i'm new to UNIX( just 3month used), i found my new box contained alot of files and directories in /home/box/ i've tried to search script in tis forum and found many of them but, i don't know how to combine them to make a script, although using pipes. my tasks are: 1) to scan user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Helmi
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move A File With Same Date,don't Change The Desitination Dir Date

Assume, I created one file three years back and I like to move the file to some other directory with the old date (Creation date)? Is it possible? Explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jee.ku2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Move Based on 1st Character of File Name

I need some help with a unix script to mv image files to subdirectories based on the 1st character of the filename. See example below... /images/main 1191.jpg 9999.jpg A101.jpg A102.jpg B201.jpg c333.jpg ... Z999.jpg I would like to move to the following: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: srdconsulting
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to move a file based on size

Hi All, I have some files in a directory. If the file size is 0 i want to move the file to new directory using unix script. Can anyone help me in this regard Thanks Vinny (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinny81
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move file based on filename

Hi All I need a script to manipulate files based on a filename: example filename: 66600_042706.pdf the script will create a directory 66000 only if this directory is not existing. If that directory is existing it will just move the file to 66000/666000_042706.pdf in addition, i want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemestech
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files based on date in filename

I know this gets covered quite a bit in the forum and I think there is enough there for me to figure out how to do what I am trying to do, I just don't think I would do it very efficiently so I am going to ask the question... I have database log files with date and time stamps in the file like ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slatoms
7 Replies

7. Fedora

Move file based time stamp

Hi all, I've already tired to try to solved this problem. Also search in Internet didn't find anything solution I have a directory like this : # pwd /opt/projects/juventini # ls -al | more total 3627460 drwxr-xr-x 2 app apps 12472320 Sep 24 14:59 . drwxr-xr-x 11 app apps 4096 Jun... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunardo
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move input file based on condition

Hello, I have File1 in a directory A, a File2 in a directory B. If the File2 is not empty Then I have to move File1 from directory A to a directory archive Else no action. Is it possible to do this from one command line? Thank you in advance for your answers. Madi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from one directory to another based on creation/modification date

Hi All, Really stuck up with a requirement where I need to move a file (Lets say date_Employee.txt--the date will have different date values like 20120612/20120613 etc) from one directory to another based on creation/modification dates. While visiting couple of posts, i could see we can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine Date,TotalFile,total size of file based on date

I have file listed like below -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 26 14:43 test1.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 26 14:44 test2.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 27 10:41 test3.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 244K Nov 27 10:41 test4.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 27 10:41 test5.gz I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
5 Replies
UUIDGEN(1)							   User Commands							UUIDGEN(1)

NAME
uuidgen - create a new UUID value SYNOPSIS
uuidgen [options] DESCRIPTION
The uuidgen program creates (and prints) a new universally unique identifier (UUID) using the libuuid(3) library. The new UUID can reason- ably be considered unique among all UUIDs created on the local system, and among UUIDs created on other systems in the past and in the future. There are two types of UUIDs which uuidgen can generate: time-based UUIDs and random-based UUIDs. By default uuidgen will generate a ran- dom-based UUID if a high-quality random number generator is present. Otherwise, it will choose a time-based UUID. It is possible to force the generation of one of these two UUID types by using the -r or -t options. OPTIONS
-r, --random Generate a random-based UUID. This method creates a UUID consisting mostly of random bits. It requires that the operating system have a high quality random number generator, such as /dev/random. -t, --time Generate a time-based UUID. This method creates a UUID based on the system clock plus the system's ethernet hardware address, if present. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. CONFORMING TO
OSF DCE 1.1 AUTHOR
uuidgen was written by Andreas Dilger for libuuid. AVAILABILITY
The uuidgen command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
libuuid(3) util-linux June 2011 UUIDGEN(1)